Super simple Dashcam (Makes use of Rockstar Editor)

Hello all! This is officially my first release to the forums, as I think this can come in use for some servers, and I have had a few people from my server ask me to create it, and they love it. Please don’t bash me too hard for stuff that I should probably change or fix :slightly_smiling_face: (though, suggestions and pointers to fix things if need be would be fantastic)

Preview:

Click here if video doesn’t load (Since I see this issue frequently)

This, is a super simple dashcam script that makes use of the built-in recording native. This script WILL NOT display on screen UI of ANY SORT, but will allow users to go into rockstar editor, and review footage of events when their dashcam first started recording.

What isn’t so great about the script

• Doesn’t display UI
  • Doesn’t stay locked to the vehicle, only stays locked to the player
  • Requires OpenCamera if your player goes too far away from the vehicle, and you need to see what happened at the vehicle when you were gone.

What is great about this script

• Displays a notification of the status of the dashcam when toggled
  • Makes use of FiveM Key Mapping, allowing users to change their keybind to it
  • Command for the user to use as well
  • Perfect for use when the player is near the vehicle and is recording interaction and needs to reference it if events happened that needs to be proven, or events need closure

Download: Whitigol’s Dashcam.zip (2.1 KB)
I have also added notes to the file that explains what every native does, that way new devs can learn and expand on things they can pick up by just understanding what it does.

Install Instructions

• Just drag and drop the “dashcam” folder to your resources folder
  • Add it to your server.cfg

Defaults

• F10 to start/stop recording
  • F11 to cancel current recording

Any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions, or even constructive criticism can be posted in the comments - Thank you!

6 Likes

Pictures?

Yes, I can upload some. I’ll hop in my dev server and upload some.

I have added a preview video to the post via the streamable link.

1 Like