Suddenly lower FPS in FiveM

GTA V version?: 1.0.2245.0
Up to date: Yes
Legit or Pirate copy: Legit
Purchased where - Steam/Rockstar Launcher/Epic: Steam
Windows version: Windows 10 Home
Did you try to delete content_index.xml and try again?: Yes
System specifications: Lenovo Y700-15isk - I7 6700HQ, GTX 960M, 16GB Ram, 256GB SSD

What is the issue you’re having?: I suddenly got low FPS

What are you trying to do?: Increasing my FPS to what it was before

What have you tried already to fix the issue?: Lowering Ingame Settings, tweaking Windows for Gaming, overclocking my GPU, using Extreme Cooling Mode on Lenovo Nerve Center to avoid overheating, High Performance Powerplan, installing a FPS Boost Pack for FiveM, Uninstalling and Reinstalling both FiveM and GTA V

What did you do to get this issue? I didnt play FiveM for a bit, came back to it and got low FPS

What server did you get this issue on?: 5M Speed Lab, Server does not get Updates very frequently, so im 100% sure its not the Server being Resource heavy

Hi,
Ive been playing FiveM for about 8 Months now, mainly on the Server listed above. I always cleared Cache when needed, and never had Problems with FiveM before. I had a massive overheating Issue with my Laptop a couple Months back. I could play FiveM at 60FPS but with heavy Framedrops making it unplayable. After coming back to the Game now with the overheating Issue solved it worked fine, for about a couple Days. I did a little Pause and came back to the Game, now having constantly 40FPS and when opening the ESC Menu it even starts to drop to 30 and is stuttering bad. The Server im playing on features Cars where Car Meets are really common, and having 40FPS constant, being in big Areas, makes the Game unplayable in Car Meets (where i would usually get about 40, coming from the 60FPS in most Areas before). Did anyone have this Problem before? Maybe even someone with the same Hardware? Did FiveM get any Updates that maybe have caused this? I would be really thankful if someone could help me with this Problem, FiveM was my favourite Game in those Months, but all my good Memories from FiveM cant be added on now. Greetings from Germany, Leon! :smiley:

1 Like

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the Cfx.re community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

bump.

Try on the test server: connect “https://fivem.net/

These types of issues are usually caused by the server and their unoptimized scripts, if you want go to fivem canary (enabled thru settings) and join the server then click f8 and type resmon 1 and take a picture then send it here.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.