Streaming / overriding scenario ymt

Hi there,
I modified some of original GTA scenario (with CodeWalker), mainly to delete some routes.

I wanna use them for my server, as ‘stream’ assets. I tried to copy the ymt file in the stream directory (next to some of my ymap file), but it seems useless as the original GTA file still is used by the clients.

Is it possible to do that ?

8 Likes

Hello my friend. I waited a long time to anyone raised the subject about scenarios. It is very strange that almost nobody is interested about scenarios except poprgroups.ymt because it works well xD I’m in really deep hope someone finally answer us how to do it. Or maybe answer when it will be possibility to stream scenarios. Are the works going on? or if not why? or whether it will be in the future?

I tried a lot of ways to stream any scenarios and i know only, how to this in client-side. Look:

In CodeWalker by using a Binary Tool. I tried a lot of way for example I was looking for data key or even script mounter just like in documentation FiveM reference data files. You can see that here: https://docs.fivem.net/game-references/data-files/

Well i tried all keys available there and a lot of differents keys, which I searched for by Binary Tool in CodeWalker. I have no idea what to do :frowning:

Regards, Ordenko.

My code from __resource.lua at below presents my trials, ways and ideas, look:

`resource_manifest_version '05cfa83c-a124-4cfa-a768-c24a5811d8f9'

--[[ 						INFORMATIONS
Manifest versions
Manifest version 77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5 (2016-12)
Manifest version f15e72ec-3972-4fe4-9c7d-afc5394ae207 (2017-04-08)
Manifest version 44febabe-d386-4d18-afbe-5e627f4af937 (2017-06-07)
Manifest version 05cfa83c-a124-4cfa-a768-c24a5811d8f9 (2018-06-04)

data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 				'META/ex.car1/carcols.meta'

data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 		'META/ex.car1/carvariations.meta'

data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 				'META/ex.car1/handling.meta'

data_file 'VEHICLE_LAYOUTS_FILE' 		'META/ex.car1/vehiclelayouts.meta'

data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 		'META/ex.car1/vehicles.meta'

data_file 'WEAPONINFO_FILE' 			'META/ex.car1/weapons.meta'

data_file 'WEAPON_METADATA_FILE' 		'META/ex.car1/weaponarchetypes.meta'

data_file 'CLIP_SETS_FILE'				'META/ex.car1/anim/clip_sets/clip_sets.xml'

data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_341B23A2F0E0F131' 'popgroups.ymt'

client_script 'vehicle_names.lua'
]]

--this_is_a_map 'yes'						tried
--data_file 'DLC_ITYP_REQUEST' 'stream'		tried

files {
	'stream/country_club.ymt',
	'stream/del_perro_carpark.ymt',
	'stream/government_facility.ymt',
	'stream/hawick.ymt',
	'stream/marlowe_valley.ymt',
	'stream/morningwood.ymt',
	'stream/port_of_south_los_santos.ymt',		
	'stream/race_course.ymt',	-- maine
	'stream/rockford_east.ymt',
	'stream/rockford_west.ymt',
	'stream/sanandreas_coast.ymt',
	'stream/sandy_shores.ymt',	-- maine
	'stream/stadium.ymt'	-- maine
}

--KEY--							--MOUNTER--				--founded_files--
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_341B23A2F0E0F131'	CPopulationDataFileMounter	(for popgroups.ymt)		tried
--data_file 'SCENARIO_INFO_FILE' 				ScenarioInfoMounter 		(for scenarios.meta)	tried
--data_file 'SCENARIO_POINTS_PSO_FILE'			ScenarioPointMounter								tried
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_A01627E3E5FC490A'	ScenarioInfoMounter									tried
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_399915A5EEB45A2B'	ScenarioPointMounter								tried
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_A9E8B9F6EEB35186'	ScenarioPointMounter								tried
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_DB4D236636684A3F'	ScenarioPointMounter								tried

--IDEAS--
--loading order in server.cfg 	tested
--the order of reading the code here (__resource.lua)	tested`

I haven’t described all the attempts there because I don’t remember. A lot of time trials… :tired_face:

Thanks for your research tips.

I hope we will be able to do that !

Nice to hear that I’m not alone :slight_smile: Already having exact same issue as I’m trying to stream my own scenarios throught the server. Wish it was possible since my server is focused on roleplay and I want everyone to see them, not just me from the client cause it’s painful to force people to download something on client and it’s really noobish way.

So, still no way to stream edited scenario? :confused:

I tried to stream one that works well in story mode but no luck in FiveM.

What did you try, exactly, and what happens instead? Log entries, a repro, anything?

I followed Codewalker’s tutorial and edited an existing scenario by adding nodes.

I didn’t find how to stream them in FiveM, so I just tried to put the ymt file in the stream folder but I didn’t set anything specific in __resource.lua.
I assumed I had to set a value in __resource.lua, that’s why I searched the forum and ended up here.

But you seem to tell me it is actually possible to stream edited scenarios? (It would truly be awesome)

I have no idea. It should be the exact same as any random asset. That’s why I asked for a repro.

I just tried the few data files types corresponding to scenarios but I didn’t get it to work.

I see no errors in the console, actually it says that the file is loaded:

Here is the resource:
test_ymt.zip (37.8 KB)

__resource.lua

resource_manifest_version '05cfa83c-a124-4cfa-a768-c24a5811d8f9'

file 'countryside_ne.ymt'

--data_file 'SCENARIO_INFO_FILE' 'countryside_ne.ymt'                     -- ScenarioInfoMounter
--data_file 'SCENARIO_POINTS_PSO_FILE' 'countryside_ne.ymt'               -- ScenarioPointMounter
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_A01627E3E5FC490A' 'countryside_ne.ymt'       -- ScenarioInfoMounter
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_399915A5EEB45A2B' 'countryside_ne.ymt'       -- ScenarioPointMounter
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_A9E8B9F6EEB35186' 'countryside_ne.ymt'       -- ScenarioPointMounter
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_DB4D236636684A3F' 'countryside_ne.ymt'       -- ScenarioPointMounter

This is what it adds, three workers wielding:

I tried each lines individually and removed the server cache between each try.

Have you tried to put in stream folder AND setting a data file entry ? See this post for ytyp Streamed YTYP works only after disconnect / reconnect

Here is the related __resource.lua

data_file 'DLC_ITYP_REQUEST' 'stream/props.ytyp'

I’ve just retried all data files with the file in the stream directory and it didn’t seems to change anything

file 'stream/countryside_ne.ymt'

--data_file 'SCENARIO_INFO_FILE' 'stream/countryside_ne.ymt'                     -- ScenarioInfoMounter
--data_file 'SCENARIO_POINTS_PSO_FILE' 'stream/countryside_ne.ymt'               -- ScenarioPointMounter
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_A01627E3E5FC490A' 'stream/countryside_ne.ymt'       -- ScenarioInfoMounter
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_399915A5EEB45A2B' 'stream/countryside_ne.ymt'       -- ScenarioPointMounter
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_A9E8B9F6EEB35186' 'stream/countryside_ne.ymt'       -- ScenarioPointMounter
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_DB4D236636684A3F' 'stream/countryside_ne.ymt'       -- ScenarioPointMounter

But thank for the suggestion, I wouldn’t have tried this otherwise :slight_smile:

Hey @Bob_74 i really i’m happy someone other try stream scenarios from server side. As I wrote some months ago i did everything what i had in my mind to stream any scenario. Well i still have no idea what to do but it can be limit fivem or something that. Anyway i want to share to you with my __resource.lua

--[[ 						INFORMATIONS
Manifest versions
Manifest version 77731fab-63ca-442c-a67b-abc70f28dfa5 (2016-12)
Manifest version f15e72ec-3972-4fe4-9c7d-afc5394ae207 (2017-04-08)
Manifest version 44febabe-d386-4d18-afbe-5e627f4af937 (2017-06-07)
Manifest version 05cfa83c-a124-4cfa-a768-c24a5811d8f9 (2018-06-04)

data_file 'CARCOLS_FILE' 				'META/ex.car1/carcols.meta'

data_file 'VEHICLE_VARIATION_FILE' 		'META/ex.car1/carvariations.meta'

data_file 'HANDLING_FILE' 				'META/ex.car1/handling.meta'

data_file 'VEHICLE_LAYOUTS_FILE' 		'META/ex.car1/vehiclelayouts.meta'

data_file 'VEHICLE_METADATA_FILE' 		'META/ex.car1/vehicles.meta'

data_file 'WEAPONINFO_FILE' 			'META/ex.car1/weapons.meta'

data_file 'WEAPON_METADATA_FILE' 		'META/ex.car1/weaponarchetypes.meta'

data_file 'CLIP_SETS_FILE'				'META/ex.car1/anim/clip_sets/clip_sets.xml'

data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_341B23A2F0E0F131' 'popgroups.ymt'

client_script 'vehicle_names.lua'
]]

--this_is_a_map 'yes'						tried
--data_file 'DLC_ITYP_REQUEST' 'stream'		tried

files {
	'stream/country_club.ymt',
	'stream/del_perro_carpark.ymt',
	'stream/government_facility.ymt',
	'stream/hawick.ymt',
	'stream/marlowe_valley.ymt',
	'stream/morningwood.ymt',
	'stream/port_of_south_los_santos.ymt',		
	'stream/race_course.ymt',	-- maine
	'stream/rockford_east.ymt',
	'stream/rockford_west.ymt',
	'stream/sanandreas_coast.ymt',
	'stream/sandy_shores.ymt',	-- maine
	'stream/stadium.ymt'	-- maine
}

--KEY--							--MOUNTER--				--founded_files--
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_341B23A2F0E0F131'	CPopulationDataFileMounter	(for popgroups.ymt)		tried
--data_file 'SCENARIO_INFO_FILE' 				ScenarioInfoMounter 		(for scenarios.meta)	tried
--data_file 'SCENARIO_POINTS_PSO_FILE'			ScenarioPointMounter								tried
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_A01627E3E5FC490A'	ScenarioInfoMounter									tried
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_399915A5EEB45A2B'	ScenarioPointMounter								tried
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_A9E8B9F6EEB35186'	ScenarioPointMounter								tried
--data_file 'FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_DB4D236636684A3F'	ScenarioPointMounter								tried

--IDEAS--
--loading order in server.cfg 	tested
--the order of reading the code here (__resource.lua)	tested

I know this is the same text data in “__resource.lua” which i posted at the begin topic but it must reach to fivem stuff or people who know how to do this.

And picture of course :wink:

Just like at picture, localisation “__resource.lua” contains text data listed above.

1 Like

Has anyone tried renaming the .ymt files to .meta?

I tried it with the “SCENARIO_INFO_FILE” and “SCENARIO_POINTS_PSO_FILE” keys but it didn’t work. I haven’t tried with any of the “FIVEM_LOVES_YOU_” keys however. If anyone has the time and an easily reproducible .ymt file I’d suggest trying it out. I couldn’t be bothered currently, seeing as how the .ymt file I’m working on deletes peds that don’t spawn half the time anyway, requiring me to noclip away and come back 5 or so times every time I test a different key/method.

Same outcome… tried all of the above no success. It loads them but as soona s they trigger (ie 1x of the scenario fires) the client/server crashes.

Have tried the FIVEM_LOVES_YOU as well.

1 Like

I never actually experienced any crashes myself. They just didn’t seem to work. How do you know they’re being loaded, btw?

1 Like

Is there still no fix for this? I really want to stream the scenario ymt files too. :slight_smile:

Bump. Any updates or anyone has any knowledge on how to have FiveM servers recognize the scenario files?

2 Likes

Up ! =P Still no way to stream ymt codewalker scenarios on our fivem servers ??!