Streaming memory on FiveM server

What should be the target streaming memory used? I feel like my server uses a ridiculos amount causing ingame issues for players.

Thats the streaming memory viewer. Dont know if having 50-60 players on could contribute to the issue with high ytd sizes?

3 Likes

Having more people on server means larger variety of vehicles that can be loaded into client’s game. Even one of your smallest liveries is 111 MB, which is too much. Try to keep them under 60MB (decrease liveries’ resolution if necessary).

3 Likes

even changing my liveries to 2k barely impacts anything. I feel like its not the liveries…

Don’t forget to scale down other textures in ytd, as well. I’ve even seen some 4K tires textures - nasty. If you decrease the resolution of all (well, almost all) textures, the dictionary size should drop noticeably.

60mb is still too large. If you want vanilla-like performance it needs to be 32mb or less. Thats literally why when booting your server you get asset warnings for oversized files.

What is the easiest way to scale all my textures?

Does the actual model size matter or just mainly the YTD?

Use OpenIV to export the textures, and photoshop/gimp to scale them.

The model size including textures matters, but the model itself usually isn’t such a problem. The streaming issues you may have are mostly caused by the gigantic textures.

It is, but was actually a good compromise on our server, especially when the vehicle had many liveries (police vehicles, FD vehicles, etc.). But yeah, the less the better.

You should give this guide a read, too:

And yeah your vehicles are WAY oversized, that will cause issues and crashes. Make sure you bring them down to when you dont get any “oversized asset” warnings anymore.
As a rule of thumb, liveries should be 1024x1024 (that’s the resolution I found to work best in regards to performance/quality). Be careful with policecars, though - do NOT resize Emissive .dds and any lights .dds , that causes severe hiccups on the visual side.

Along with this, it is no secret you cant run high graphics on like 90% of servers, if you lower the ytds will this help players be able to run higher graphics? or is this just a issue related to onesync?

Ehhh, this has nothing to do with OneSync. And there’s no guarantee people may turn their graphics settings up either.

Because they’re all copy and paste esx servers with owners that don’t know wtf they’re doing.

I have over 300 mlos and over 800 add on cars in my city and performance is not an issue.

My server does not run ESX or VRP, just due to the fact of how unoptimized it is… I just wish there was an optimized trainer like vMenu where it didn’t take 2.00 ms CPU time. Is your community economy or not and do you run a custom framework or no framework?

vMenu does not go above 1ms on most servers I tried that have it. Even then, a few resources taking 2-3ms while others are 0.5ms is NOT bad at all

Ehhh what? We have a total tick time of around 5-6ms (all resources combined). If your resources take that much compute time, there’s something really wrong with them.

It all really depends on what those resources do. Currently, the server I’m working on we’re looking at around 7ms total (with rare increases up to 9ms near certain props due to a script that’s already optimized to its absolute limit lol). Point is, resource runtime has no “perfect” numbers - it’s all down to what you they are intended to achieve. 5-6ms is really good though :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Would there possibly be any reason mine hits 2-3 ms at times?

The scripts, of course. The heaviest stuff, from my experience, is either distance checks (you can do these less often if needed) or drawing stuff on screen (Draw3DText stuff), and that you cant really optimize much. You can use a resource that draws 3D itself, not natively, and shave off a bit of CPU time that way, but it’s a marginal increase at best

whast the best size for liveries for vehicles in a server?