Stream visualsettings.dat

It’d be great if servers were able to stream visualsettings.dat files to joining clients. I’m looking at installing server-side ELS and it’s not really possible to get it to work properly without having clients install visualsettings.dat on their machines. Since we can’t stream that file to clients, and we can’t get everyone to install client-side mods (small public server), we won’t be able to use ELS cars since their lights will be too dim.

Didn’t see any similar topics when I searched, but if there’s already a topic for this please link it so I can go vote for it.

1 Like

Its not FiveM side partially due to the fact that not all of Fivem is police based, its a platform for many different things and that would just be another moving part that could break. And anther thing is that visual setting are completely preference based not everyone or all servers need or want the same amount of light.

@14ktTECHSAVVY

just be another moving part that could break

You could make this argument about literally any new feature request that you don’t personally see value in. Maybe I don’t see value in feature requests to help racing servers, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t make any enhancements to help those types of servers just because those enhancements have a chance of breaking.

not everyone or all servers need or want the same amount of light

So if a visualsettings.dat exists locally in citizen\common\data, then use that one instead of any server-streamed ones. However, if no visualsettings.dat file exists there, and a server wants to stream one, use it for that server. As it is that’s our use case anyway, someone who already has visualsettings installed will likely have no problems seeing ELS lights, the problems would only happen with people who don’t have any client side visualsettings.

1 Like

Dude, you wouldn’t be obligated to stream a visualsettings.dat file… A feature can be added regardless of you using it or not. Nurse, I need an ego lowerer over here.

And btw, visualsettings is not only for police based stuff.

1 Like

I would like to see this. Anyone? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just want brighter lights for all vehicles (reverse light, blinkers and so on…) since there isn’t any server sided this isn’t possible for all users. Ems / police or mechanics or special vehicles would use brighter lights too :+1:. So in fact - WE NEED this ASAP :muscle:

brighter Lights is possible with making values for lights in carcols.meta

1 Like

Screenshot_20181005-024305__01

:thinking:

Any examples of this?:slight_smile:

It will not make the lights brighter, it will just produce more reflections from objects like houses and these things.
To make the lights itself more visuable, you need to change the visualsettings.dat or stream it - but that’s not possible atm.

greetings

2 Likes

It’s probably not likely to get “stream” support as it’s seemingly not mounted by dlc or loaded by gtas stream system. I believe the stance on visualsettings has been that it’s fine to change clientside but probably shouldn’t be forced on a user.
FiveM does have a system for loading clientside mods, unfortunately not many mods use this system. The prime example is Razed’s NaturalVision Remastered (see “Optional Add-Ons/19. FiveM NVR Pack”)

I know this topic is quite old and that most of you already probably found this solution. But for any newcomer or wonderer like me, who spent hours researching how to do this, there is resource available that streams your visualsettings.dat file. Link is right here: [Release] Serverside VisualSettings

4 Likes

I love you. XD Seriously, thank you sooo much!