Still won't work: FiveM requires Security Update for Windows 7 for x64- based systems (KB2758857) to be installed to run

GTA V version?
?

Up to date?
Yes, just updated GTA V

Legit or Pirate copy?
GTA V, Legit - Windows 7, Pirate cracked

Steam/CD/Social Club?
Steam

Windows version?
Windows 7

Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again?
No

Error screenshot (if any)
Error message
Installed updates - “Successful”

What did you do to get this issue?
Tried to install FiveM.
Downloaded the file, put it in an empty folder. Tried to run the file as administrator. Got the error message.

As you can see, I have already installed the latest security update, which FiveM wants me to do. I still get this error message…
I get that I probably need the latest version of my Win7, but it is not possible for me to update my Windows due to the cracked Windows. Is there any solution for this, other than updating Win?

I can not see what I can do more, to get this working. I am about to stop trying to get FiveM :frowning:

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

There is no solution, just buy a Windows 7 key, they’re pretty cheap.

Well okay, I guess this is the only thing for me to do.

do NOT run fivem as administrator.

As for your windows 7 issue i would buy a Windows 10 key for $20 online and then upgrade to it, if of course you want the best experience.

Not needed but a suggestion.

I don’t think thats this is a good solution, the best one is to buy windows 10 key and upgrade as painwithin said.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.