Steam must be running to join this game server

As the title says whenever I attemp to join a server (Varies between servers, I can join some servers but not all) It gives me the following message:

Any ideas?

12 Likes

Are you running the game from Steam or did you buy from rockstar games and run it on the Rockstar client? If that’s the case, go to steam and activate a non steam game in the steam drop down list you’ll see that option available somewhere. Add FiveM and then launch the game in steam from now on.
That is what I did, works for me, enjoy!!!

14 Likes

You don’t need to add anything to steam. Just have it running in the background

7 Likes

Run steam in the background.

10 Likes

hey, im using a steam bought version of the game, and steam runs in the background. I have this problem still. I have tried re-installing everything etc…

5 Likes

+1 Bump. Having he same confliction at the moment.

1 Like

Same When start FiveM my name on steam says im in game fivem then 1 second later when it starts, my steam name goes back to online… Help?

3 Likes

hey…please help…i’m geting that message “steam must be running to play this game server” i dont know how to run server…
and from where…please help!

2 Likes

I fixed the problem (Haven’t been on in a while), You need to quit Steam then reopen and launch FiveM (Make sure you are logged in)

Thanks, Sorry for the late post.

4 Likes

Thanks…but how to do it…can you tell in detail…please…i’m a first time user…how to on/off that steam… what is mean by steam…

2 Likes

FiveM Server/citmp-server.yml

set to false to require players to be signed in to Steam
DisableAuth: false

1 Like

whenever i try to play a sever it says error steam is required to play on this fivem sever i dont know how to fix it can someone help me out

3 Likes

I’m running steam in the background but Steam and FiveM wont connect

6 Likes

same problem

Get out of beta tester system on steam.
To do so go to parameters on steam, account and disable that beta option, it works for me

3 Likes

Old topic with bumps.