[Standalone] [Free] FiveM Mechanic Bring My Vehicle

Preview: [Standalone] [Free] NexScripts - FiveM Mechanic Bring My Vehicle - YouTube

Hello,

** [This script is compatible with all frameworks (QB-Core, ESX, vRP, Etc] **

Remember the old functionality within GTA5 Online with a mechanic physically delivering your vehicle to you? Well, this script brings that functionality back within FiveM with a custom script built in C#.

The mechanic follows all traffic laws & avoids objects and vehicles as best as it can. This is to prevent the police pulling over the vehicle if it is customized, thinking they are pulling a live player.

This is a one-sided mode. This means that when you reload the server it will remove your saved vehicles. I may add this in future - but it would require each server having an SQL server which some of them do not. A note for the future though? definitely.

2 New Client-Side Commands:

/SaveVehicle (Saves the current vehicle you're in. This is the vehicle that will be delivered)

/BringVehicle (Brings the saved vehicle to your location with a physical mechanic ped.)

This resource is free & comes with full support on download.
Contact me here for any enquires @ ApolloStudios#4510.

Thanks, and enjoy!

nex-BringMyVehicle.zip (7.7 KB)

Source: GitHub - NebulaFX/nex-BringMyVehicle: Remember the old functionality within GTA5 Online with a mechanic physically delivering your vehicle to you? Well, this script brings that functionality back within FiveM with a custom script built in C#.

7 Likes

Showcase?

2 Likes

Sounds nice but please do following things:
Transfer surce code to github
Show us some parts of the config or tell us whats configurable.

How far away will the mechanic spawn with the car and is there a player prevention that the car dont spawn in front of players?
Is the mechanic that is sitting in the car in godmode or can he be killed?

nice. might check it out

doesn’t work says file name client and bringmyvehicle but there’s no client inside the file

Interesting. Have you created a folder called “nex-BringMyVehicle” in your server resources folder and dragged the 2 files (fxmanifest.lua, nex-BringMyVehicle.net.dll) into the folder and then entered the starting line into your server.cfg?

1 Like

Please include the source code

1 Like

Just updated the post - it does not save after a restart.

Update;
This is a one-sided mode. This means that when you reload the server it will remove your saved vehicles. I may add this in future - but it would require each server having an SQL server which some of them do not. A note for the future though? definitely.

2 Likes

Added it in the original post - must have been removed. Just re-added! :slight_smile:

Just added a preview to the post! Forgot the most important part! Sorry all.

Configurable options are inside of the source code - edit to your liking.

i just tried and it says the same thing i created a new folder then extracted files to desktop then dragged the 2 files in then ensured it shouldn’t have to ensure anything as i have a file that ensures all scripts by them self’s as i can just use tx in game to start and restart stuff

1 Like

So inside of the source code - there is a folder called “Client” I’ve just tested this on my end and it loads the same message as above
“script nex_bringmyvehicle.client.BringMyVehicle” but this is normal as the source code contains that folder name.

Do us a favor and try using /savevehicle in game. Does it work?

Added Fix: Stop vehicle de-spawning when summoning from across the map.

Hey i love the idea. Wanted something like this for my server. Does this supports database owned vehicles?

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah it should support all vehicles. It doesn’t save the information into a DB though - as that would require the server having a dedicated SQL instance which not all do unless they’re QBCore, Esx, vRP or anything similiar.

This is developed as a standalone, hence why that feature wasn’t implemented. I’ve provided the source code though if you would like to add some sort of mutli-DB syncing operation.

95% of servers are running Xampp & An SQL Databse, you should include this in your mod for sure.
Stand-a-lone means it’s independent of any Core Functionality. Not that it doesn’t require an SQL database.
Either way, I think everyone would value this mod if it does function properly. Good Job, Looking forward to the improvements.

Yeah so, I mean that in a way of: Having it stored inside of a DB & having is spawn-able after a restart is an entirely different script. There would be quite some logic that needed to be coded on the servers end to manage the vehicle handles when they’re spawned through the server.

This wouldn’t be all that difficult - IE just calling a server event to store the handle when the vehicle spawns however that then takes away from the script being standalone as it’ll use so framework garage spawning system.

As a secondary point: Having it stored on the SQL table will require a spawnable UI for vehicles, which requires the script logic has to be integrated with other code. This then again, removes the standalone tag. I might make a version specific for certain resources at some point, but the base code is there for anyone to pickup and complete themselves, if needed.

The only other way around it would be to take a clone of the vehicle - store that in the database & then spawn and call it via the server. This would then effectively give the effect of an after-restart vehicle. Could quite easily be exploitable, so would have to contain some checks. Might look into this.

you should make an option to remove /savevehicle

Will look at adding that, good idea! +1