Someone can help me creating/developing my first FiveM script

Hey, I was looking for some help to begin developing my own scripts.
I have some basic programming, however this is different from what I used to do.
Can some coder/programmer help me? Giving me some help to begin writting codes
I really wanted to help the FiveM community by creating new scripts and share them on github.

If someone is able to teach me some coding/programming of new fivem scripts please contact me.

Thanks,
Filipe

Moved To #server-development

Hey Filipe,
I’m pretty new to the FiveM community too! I started like 2 weeks ago doing my own resources and so long I’m doing pretty well, so I’ll share my learning process and maybe it can help you.

1. Use the forum all the time. You will not find a lot of tutorials like in other things but you have a lot of resources created.
  2. Check resources and study the code, there’s no better way to learn.
  3. Decide a simple project/resource you want to do (e.g.: Server messages, triggered by some events, like when a player connects or dies) and research other similar projects.
  4. When I started I didn’t knew Lua, but a if you have experience with other languages then it will not be a problem. Check this pages as reference:
    Tutorials Point - lua
    lua.org
  5. Also, use this as reference too:
    FiveM Wiki
    nativedb

Hope this can help you

2 Likes

I created my first script last night using a YouTube video. He explains everything really well and here’s the link,
" (8) FiveM Scripting 1 - Create Your First FiveM Resource (Lua for beginners) - YouTube"
He has quite a few videos that might help you out with writing scripts

1 Like