Some addon cars will not spawn

I am using the resource.lua that has worked for other vehicles I use. I know that some people say - some cars will work, some will not. Well, about 90% of the cars I try will not work despite being quite simple with their files. For instance, in my streaming folder for a Porsche Panamera I have 3 files. The .yft, .ytd, and and pturismo_hi.yft.

When I spawn it in game it doesn’t give me an error, the car just doesn’t appear.

For the .meta files I have Carcols, Carvariations, DLCtext, handling, and vehicles.

The F430 I used works flawlessly and spawns instantly with no errors. Some cars will not spawn no matter what. Why is this? I know that 16mb seems to be the common limit mentioned but the F340 car is 20mb and has no problems?

Check this out. Make sure each file is under 16mb. Else you could try compressing textures.

EDIT: I read your post as I thought you were quoting me. Let me try what you’ve mentioned first

Alright so thank you a ton. THIS did work, but one problem. Despite being able to get normal cars working, I cannot manage to fit the RC cars into this equation. https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/rc-car-pack-add-on-pack-tuning

I tried these and they do not work.

try ith without DLCtext
it will work

Maybe not FiveM compatible?

I tried those RC Car park. It works for me in my fiveM server.

1 Like

Could you show me how? I’ve done everything that the tutorials ask when installing cars and they do not spawn. Something must be fundamentally wrong with my process, I’m also very new to this.

Could anyone lend a hand? My files look like this - __resource.lua (449 Bytes) carvariations.meta (4.5 KB) handling.meta (5.4 KB) vehicles.meta (11.0 KB)

__resource.lua (446 Bytes) vehicles.meta (11.0 KB)
Try these with the handling.meta & carvariations.meta that you posted.

So listen to how weird this is. I can take the a functioning spawning car (C8 corvette for example) and spawn it just fine in FIVEM. I move it to another folder, add that to start in the resources - The EXACT SAME FILES, just under a different folder - and it does not spawn. I have no idea what is going on.

I was going to see if that script would work in another folder and use it as a functioning template but now I am just too confused.

The model files have to be inside a “stream” folder, called exactly stream. Also you have to add some things in the resource.lua in order to stream properly