(SOLVED) Trouble installing scripts

Hi everyone.
I decided today to try to setup a FiveM Server to play with some friends but i’m completely confused about what to do…

The server runs fine but it is actually running ‘vanilla’, with no weapons, no money and no air vehicles available, also we can’t see each other on the map. I tried searching for scripts and found that EssentialMode what a major recommendation but I can’t get it to work right, everytime I start the server with it, it complains about some YamlDotNet.Core error, I tried searching other scripts but I got completely confused and I don’t want to redo a server all over again.

What can I do to get a more “GTA Online” experience?

FiveM is not GTA online, nor will it ever be identical. If you want it that way, code it. But why, just play GTA online if that’s what you like. Essentialmode requires an SQL server. You can’t see blips on map because your not using a trainer and or you haven’t coded it.

I used GTA Online as an example because this is the closest thing I could think of. I installed an SQL Server throught XAMPP, but I don’t think this is the issue.
I tried installing Player Blips and Above Head Display which was on Scammer’s Script Collection with no luck. Everytime I try to start it, it refuses to work.
Here’s what it tells me everytime:

Oh, my bad. Most noobs don’t know SQL. I have never encountered such an error. But the first line "while scanning a simple key, could not find expected ‘:’ indicates the error. There are a lot of knowledgeable ppl on here I’m sure someone can better help with this error.

Yeah, sorry for that title, I just had no inspiration. The first line says where’s the problem, but it just doesn’t say in which file it is…That is annoying.

Yeah it really don’t indicate where the error is. I wish I could help but anything I would suggest would be just as good a guess as you. Hopefully someone familiar with the error will chime in and offer some help.

1 Like

Maybe something on your citmp-server.yml at line 17, it does not expect “:”

At the line 17 in citmp-server.ymp, there’s just the **Rconpassword: ** line, which I didn’t really touched, except for the password.

Quickest way to get access to alot of stuff like blips etc. is to make use of a trainer.

[Release] Lambda Menu

Try this one…

I’m back! With the help of a friend, we fixed it and we were able to get some scripts working. Unfortunaly, once we tried to get EssentialMode working, we’re stuck on Initializing session… with a lot of network activity on the console, but no luck.

Edit! Got it figured out!
For those wondering, the Initializing session error is due to a line that I forgot to edit in the ressource.lua file in the fivem-map-skater folder. I needed to change fivem = true to es_freeroam=true