Since We All Love RP [Concept][Character Stats]

So… I’m sure we all love the roleplay servers and love making them and or playing on them but whats one thing that most are missing… Something to keep coming back to, I mean sure the roleplay is great sandbox is good but lets be honest it can get tiring and boring after awhile and in my opinion I think Sprucing it up a bit would be a huge incentive to keep playing. So this is something I wanted to document and look back on when I look at something I want to make or work towards as of right now I just need to learn more about the Lua MYSQL Importing Exporting Displaying Deleting Ect… Parts of MYSQL but enough about me lets talk about this Concept
Character Stats
What is Character Stats?
Character stats can be a insentive and a plus for those who continuesly play on your server and continuesly grind and adds more value to items and more reason to do random tasks such as going to the gym or even going to socialize with people hosting parties or even just going around lockpicking houses/cars/doors, This is something that will provide some great incentive to continue playing let me know what you think about it?

Screenshot [Mockup]

Choosing Your Gang
You will be able to go to a NPC once you join the city and choose a gang/society
You will only be able to do this once you will not be able to change this in the future you are stuck
with your choice on your character.

• Rebels Those who steal cars and rob banks ect…
  • Innocents Regular workers doing normal jobs ie, Taxi drivers, mechanics, Go Postal ect…
  • Enforcement This will only be enabled and accessable after you are whitelisted for EMS/Police/Firefighter ect… (This and only this is the one you can go back and change into if its enabled and your whitelisted.

Traits
These things work with your stats and can provide a advantage to those who grind these and work hard on these.

• Strength Higher your strength the more bullets your able to take and the more health you can have, which means if you are a higher level on strength usually it would take 2 3 shots to take you down if you are high level it could possibly take 4-6 Shots to take you down you can increase this by going to the gym and working out.

• Driving This is self explanatory really depending on your driving skill will increase your handling of a vehicle and possibly even more features regarding the vehicles (A lot of natives for vehicles so I’d have to look more into them)

• Shooting Once you get a higher level on your shooting the recoil on your weapon will be better meaning your able to take risky shots and land those shots, you can increase this by going to a gun range and practicing

Stats

• Strength

• Intelligence This can be increased by being a mechanic or even a IT Tech which would go around the map and repair things around the map and it will reward you with money as well as more experience and intelligence this is good because with more intelligence you are able to craft different things at specified locations such as repair kits.

• Stealth This can be increased by lockpicking vehicles doors or even stealing things from homes and places around the map without being caught higher stealth level means you will be able to use higher tier thieft kits and lockpicks.

• Social This Rewards players who are great and known around the community people around you will be able to give away specified amounts of reputation per day and those who have higher levels on social will be able to be more successful when selling drugs to NPC’s or even become public figures in the city This encourages people to go around chatting and meeting new people, (Keep in mind there would obviously be a cooldown on this to prevent people from just giving away reputation over and over to the same person non stop)

NPC Missions
These missions would provide simple tasks that can take players on a adventure such as having to go steal a specified car and deliver it to a certain location or simply pick up a package and deliver it somewhere or go pick up someone from a specified location and drop them off these missions could be many different things really.

Illegal Items
These items will have different tiers such as tier 1-3 for example a lockpick tier 1 would simply lockpick a vehicle slowly and have a lower success rate and higher tiers are faster and higher success rate but you will need your stats higher to use these items.

I understand some people may not be for this thats fine, but this is simply a concept and maybe will be made into something some day, its something I really want to work towards and make possible because well it adds more of a RPG Aspect to it as well as incentive to continuously join the same server cause of your characters stats and progression will be different in many different ways… I am simply just posting this to hear what everyones opinions on this is.

Do you develop code or want to start developing code? Join the discord below to learn about code and get help with code from the community we strive to help those who are looking for help and provide a great community of developers or simply just to see someone’s amazing work? and simply just people who want to be apart of a great community join below if you’d like to be a part of it.
Join our Discord

6 Likes

Great concept. I would also put in stamina, running from people or lions is an important thing! Giving the gym a reason to go to.
Same with strength. Melee fights will be interesting with higher strength.
You could always add hobbies to the stats as well, like fishing, hunting and cooking etc.
You can also read books to up your intelligence or even go to university for a specific profession.

1 Like

I would love a stat system like this on my server. How hard I wonder would it be to make custom skills like “lockpicking” for example. The more you lockpick cars, the better at it you become, slowly increasing your % chance of successfully lockpicking a car / not alerting the police etc.

1 Like

Could just add a timer bar with how long each car takes to lockpick depending on the lockpick the speed would be increased.

1 Like

@TemptressTeelia my version of the esx_gym adds the stamina and strength functions. I put in around 10 minutes work on it so it’s not really anything ”wow”, but it makes a reason for you to go to the gym now! Go look it up at github!

Like the concept of many things you have in here, but it feels like ”hardcore” RP. Most of the servers doesn’t hardcore RP, but for us who do, this is a great idea!

Hey, yeah I have downloaded it and tried it out. I discussed with you some of the things I mentioned here.
I decided not to go with the code, due to it not being a progression of stats.
But thanks for helping those for some stat like options.
I appreciate your hardwork. :wink:

If you look at the new code it does!

The stamina / strength level decreases every 7th minute

Awesome I will!