Setting up a fx server with the port

i have my scripts all setup and i have my server on a vps but i cant figure out how to set the ip and port for the server, i tried changing the port and ip in the server.cfg file and nothing happened. is there anyone that can guide me to what file i need to change the make my server show up on the list.

The IP would be the IP of your VPS and the default port is 30120

And when you say that, do you mean you changed this?:

# you probably don't want to change these!
# only change them if you're using a server with multiple network interfaces
endpoint_add_tcp "0.0.0.0:30120"
endpoint_add_udp "0.0.0.0:30120"

yes i changed that also, the server is hosted on a windows vps

i opened the ports 30110 and 30120 on my firewall for both inbound and outbound.

i literally know how to do everything else but i dont know how to get the server to show up on the list lol

Why’d you change it when it says

# you probably don't want to change these!
# only change them if you're using a server with multiple network interfaces

Change it back to the original (see above). Also make sure in your server.cfg that this line:

# disable announcing? clear out the master by uncommenting this
#sv_master1 ""

Is commented out (like shown)

now i get a window that says error has occured while checking server license key"

Follow the instructions here:

Go down to the bottom where it says: HOW TO PUT KEY INSIDE server.cfg FILE:

sorry for my stupidity but i have made 2 different keys and yet im still getting the message that the license key is not specified.

Don’t be, everyone has to start somehwere…

try this:

# Get a key from https://keymaster.fivem.net
+set sv_licensekey "CHANGEME"

im still getting the same error even doing that.

did you find out how to show it? my thign wont actually work either. i dont know weather to port my public ip, default gateway or ipv4

I’m also having the same problem. I am almost believing that the problem is with FiveM, because I have already compared the file of a server that is even on and everything is ok, but it does not appear in the list yet: / Very annoying and little answer or support by stop of the own FiveM, Lamentable

[SOLVED] I simply updated the server files.
Follow the link below.

1 Like