Set up a server, what to do now? And have I done it right?

So I managed to set up a server. Or at least I think I did. When I loaded into it, both by direct connect and localhost (since the server is hosted via my PC since it’s going to be a private one for my friends), it loads fine, although I noticed that the texture for the load spinny thing is now just a square box that rotates, is that normal? And when I get in it loads a completely blank map. And by blank I mean there’s AI and all that but the map shows no blips. Is that also normal?

Aside from that, what do I do now? I’ve never really modded much before, let alone GTA but I managed to get this far, and I know my way around code. Where do I look for mods and how do I install them? Are there mods that are recommended?

One last question, how do I actually get things in the game? There seemed no way to get money so how do I get things like cars, etc. to my character. Also is there any way to edit the character I’m given, since it spat me a random character on both the direct connect and localhost tests I did.

Sorry for all the random questions. If anyone can help with any of them it would be much appreciated!