+set modDevMode 1 as launch argument not working

In Client Addon Packages: the future it states that in order to load the new type of client addon packages, FiveM must be launched in canary builds. It states which launch arguments to apply to do so, but no matter what I try, it doesn’t work. There is meant to be a ‘huge watermark claiming that FiveM is in mod developer mode’ but it never shows up.

GTA V version? 1.0.1737.0
Up to date? Yes
Legit or Pirate copy? Legitimate
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10 Pro | Version 1903 | Build 18362.239
Did you try to delete caches.xml and try again? Yes
Error screenshot (if any)

There is meant to be in a watermark like in this image: https://forum.cfx.re/uploads/default/optimized/4X/5/4/0/540b83b8f1851fb9e2528f25fc9f3acd7940c6ea_2_690x388.jpeg

System specifications
Intel Core i5-4460
MSI H81M-E34
ASUS ROG Radeon R7 370
16GB DDR3 RAM

What did you do to get this issue?
Added +set modDevMode 1 to the ‘target’ value in a shortcut’s properties.
Added +set modDevMode 1 as a launch argument in a non-Steam game shortcut.
Launched FiveM.exe with argument +set modDevMode 1 through cmd.

What server did you get this issue on? N/A

CitizenFX.log
CitizenFX.log (42.7 KB)
.dmp files/report IDs N/A

If an issue with starting:

GTA V folder screenshot

GTA V/update/x64/dlcpacks screenshot

Filepath to FiveM folder
E:\Apps_Games\FiveM\FiveM.app

FiveM client folder screenshot

Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus? Yes

I’d like to add that at the moment I’m only trying to get the game to launch in developer mode, without any client packages installed.

None of the following methods have worked.

canary1
canary2
canary3

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

Make sure you’re actually running UpdateChannel=canary in your CitizenFX.ini.

4 Likes

Yeah I feel kind of silly now. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.