Server streamed models (cars, peds, guns) not working after update

My streamed models on my server are not working after the update. I downloaded the new server files, and copied all my resources over to the new server and now streamed models do not work. I thought maybe they got corrupted when I copied them over, but putting them all back in fresh didn’t work either.

Any suggestions?

ISSUE RESOLVED!

Error on my part. In my folders I had ‘__resource…lua’ instead of ‘__resource.lua’.

In which folder was that?

@JackitRabit said in Server streamed models (cars, peds, guns) not working after update:

In which folder was that?

In each folder you want as a resource you need a stream folder and a file called __resource.lua. I just spelled the file type incorrectly.

So now my vehicles just suddenly stopped working. It shows the resource as running in the server, but yet in game I have all default cars. They were working fine after fixing my mistake above ^^^ but I have changed nothing since and they just stopped working.

I cleared my cache, server cache, restart my PC, double checked firewall on both PC and modem and made sure ports were forwarded.

I’m all out of ideas…

So with a friend, I’ve determined this is only on my end. All resources work fine for him but on my screen I have stock (vanilla) cars, peds, guns. I’ve cleared both cache’s a dozen or more times, restarted PC and modem, reinstalled FR, ect, ect.

Hosting the server myself is causing issues only on my end and I have no idea how to fix it. Might have to look into dedicated hosting.

Bought a dedicated server, spent hours uploading all the necessary files that I had on my self hosted server. Completely reinstalled five reborn to stock, started up the game and still have vanilla vehicles and peds, but yet they work fine for everyone else.

Me and my friends all have the same files (except I removed all my mods) and everything works fine for them but not me. How can that be using bare bone stock five reborn? They can see the modded files but I see the default game files.

This is sickening.

Using OpenIV?

@Boss said in Server streamed models (cars, peds, guns) not working after update:

Using OpenIV?

I do have OpenIV, yes.

@deziel0495 said in Server streamed models (cars, peds, guns) not working after update:

@Boss said in Server streamed models (cars, peds, guns) not working after update:

Using OpenIV?

I do have OpenIV, yes.

Don’t use it.

@deziel0495 said in Server streamed models (cars, peds, guns) not working after update:

Using OpenIV?

I do have OpenIV, yes.

Don’t use it.

I normally don’t, but even stock five reborn was not working correctly with streamed resources as mentioned above. I’m the only one having the issue though.

Are your resources even being download to your clients /cache/ ??

Are your resources even being download to your clients /cache/ ??

I’m not sure. How would I know?

Delete those yft’s/rpf’s. And show me a picture of your /plugins/

Now I tried this both with the following plugins, and no plugins at all and got the same result. My friends use the current folder with no issues.

Now I tried this both with the following plugins, and no plugins at all and got the same result. My >friends use the current folder with no issues.

Oke, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Just check your anti-virus etc. might be preventing you from downloading the resources.

That /cache/ folder should fill up when you enter the server and spawn a model.

Now I tried this both with the following plugins, and no plugins at all and got the same result. My >friends use the current folder with no issues.

Oke, so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Just check your anti-virus etc. might be preventing you from downloading the resources.

That /cache/ folder should fill up when you enter the server and spawn a model.

It does, but for some reason the only resources not working are those in .ytd/.yft format - and only for me. They work fine for everyone else. However, Other server side scripts work perfectly for me such as the loading screen script and siren script.

1 Like

Still… sounds like something is diffrent from your FiveReborn and theirs.

Still… sounds like something is diffrent from your FiveReborn and theirs.

Our clients are identical. We use a “custom pack” so everyone has the same thing. All scripts, plugins, metas, ect. are identical.
Like I said, I’m the only one experiencing issues with streamed resources. I use windows defender as antivirus. Not sure if that would prevent anything from working.

Also I should note that sometimes when I spawn into the server, half my modified vehicles work, half don’t. Other times, none work. Never have I had them all work in the past few days.

EDIT: Just tried disabling windows defender, spawned in and half my cars work. Closed the game, went back in and none work.

1 Like

Am I really the only one ever to experience this? There has to be a solution.

For whatever reason my resources are not properly downloading to my cache folder, and it’s only ever vehicle, ped and gun models. I have other resources such as custom loading screen and siren script and they work fine.

How is it possible only certain resources are not downloading properly? Windows defender doesn’t appear to be blocking anything.

1 Like