Server Provider?

Hello,

Are you allowed to sell a VPS with a website based on FiveM? Im thinking as long as the VPS doesent contains a FiveM server preinstalled?

1 Like

Itā€™s totally fine to use a VPS for a FiveM server when:

• You can install anything you want on the VPS.
  • You have root access.
  • FiveM servers do not come pre-configured or installed.

Alright thanks.

What about helping the customers then? And payment for helping them?

Should be fine, unless you lend ā€œspecial support for FiveM serversā€ or anything like that.

Okay.

Moderators may unlist and close this thread then. :smiley:

But please do not install the server as rootā€¦

I did not imply such thing, you must have root access to the box in order it to be considered as a dedicated server and not a pre-installed FiveM server.

Would FiveM.net have a problem if i had a domain which was FiveM.dk which is the one i own? :wink:

I never said you did. And there come the complicated questions.

This would be a question on the Elements could answerā€¦ Youā€™re more likely to get a response by emailing pr@fivem.net for any question you may have.

Please note: You should not be selling anything that involves FiveM (including server resources).

Basically, youā€™re allowed to sell your own VPSā€™s if you wish, but there can not be any mention of FiveM when doing so. No ā€˜one-clickā€™ installs of FXServer or resources for servers, and no preconfigured servers already installed on said VPSā€™s.

A website being based on FiveM, selling VPSā€™s, would be a HUGE gray zone and could lead to issues with servers being blacklisted in the futureā€¦ Before doing anything, I strongly urge you to contact the CitizenFX Collective and talk to them to make sure this is all okayā€¦ pr@fivem.net