Server Performance Tips

Good evening all.

I am running a FiveM community. We average about 20 people on each day on our FiveM server and the performance of the Server is just not very good.

I was wondering if there was any way that you can dedicate RAM or CPU to the server itself? When the server is running, i do go into Task Manager and make the process higher priority, but that does not seem to make much of a difference.

Specs of the server:
Intel Xeon E5-2630 v4 @2.20GHz
8GB of RAM
200GB SSD
1 Gigabit Network Connection

I was thinking of upgrading the Server, but i didn’t know if that would make a huge difference in the speed of the server as I am unable to dedicate specs to it.

Any ideas or any tips for myself?

Thank you all.

First of all, blame yourself. I’m not saying this to make you feel bad, but always try to put the blame on yourself first.

Why? Because 90% of issues regarding low performance is due to badly written scripts. Make use of resmon 1 - type it in your F8 console - and monitor the latency of all your scripts. Is something higher than 0.20ms throughout your gameplay(that’s quite lenient if I must say so)? Note it down and optimize the script. You can also use profiler. [How-to] Use the profiler command to identify problematic scripts

Got a lot of custom vehicles and/or maps? Without unloading the models if they aren’t needed anymore you can get issues.

If you want a comparison…I run a 32 slot non-OneSync server that is nearly always full and players have little to no FPS drops compared to GTAO/empty FiveM server. Running on a measly $20 VPS with 2vCPU (only 50% usage) and 8GB RAM.

Don’t worry about making me feel bad. I am here for help because I am a bit of a noob to FiveM and how it works in the way servers run and stuff.

Thank you for that. I will defiantly make use of that command as that seems like it will help me a lot. I will also take a look into that Profiler command as that seems intriguing and will help.

Thank you for taking your time to help :slight_smile: