Server not visible

@Areomayo How is your friends firewall setup?

@Boss No I’m not.

@Boss Is there a hostname/ip that’s responsible for crawling/indexing the servers? Meaning that I can’t allow all ports to be open on my network but I’m willing to make a rule if it comes from a certain address.

I tried to do it on updater.fivereborn.com/151.80.44.223 but it’s not enough.

@COndor said in Server not visible:

@Boss Is there a hostname/ip that’s responsible for crawling/indexing the servers? Meaning that I can’t allow all ports to be open on my network but I’m willing to make a rule if it comes from a certain address.

I tried to do it on updater.fivereborn.com/151.80.44.223 but it’s not enough.

Irrelevant, but that doesn’t make sense… 30120 is the port it uses not 34833 unless set diffrently in citserver-mp.yml

ListenPort: 30120

Perhaps try changing this for example to 30122 and forward 30122.

@Areomayo do not Hijack the topic.

Are you guys by any chance using the same model router/ISP?

@Boss said in Server not visible:

Are you guys by any chance using the same model router/ISP?

We are both using the same software router and firewall. I don’t think we have the same provide. Like I said I have tried changing the ListenPort and re-did the forward.

Look here:
http://five-serverlist.com/api/monitor_graphic.php?ip=176.20.63.9:30120
http://five-serverlist.com/api/playerlist.php?ip=176.20.63.9:30120

1 Like

I also noticed yesterday when my server became visible with all ports open. After I closed the server down it took hours for the https://servers.fivereborn.com/ list to actually remove it and not list it. How does that respond to the “refreshed every 5 minutes”?

I also noticed yesterday when my server became visible with all ports open. After I closed the server down it took hours for the https://servers.fivereborn.com/ list to actually remove it and not list it. How does that respond to the “refreshed every 5 minutes”?

Current serverlist on the website isn’t the correct one. Shouldn’t be used as a reference.

Current serverlist on the website isn’t the correct one. Shouldn’t be used as a reference.

Then what should be used as a reference? I have a few servers that simply won’t show up.

Serverlist in the client itself.

Serverlist in the client itself.

But the in-game seems to variate from refresh to refresh. One second it’s 15 servers listed the next it 30. Servers pop in and out. Is that real-time refresh?

If I sort acceding number of players and scroll to the button I never get too a server that has players. But if I sort descending in the same result without refreshing its a different result. It’s like a very small section of the full search result.

So right now I’m broadcasting 3 servers on 3 different ports 30120 / 30121 / 30122

Latest server download today. 19-11-2016 21:00

IP: 176.20.63.9

Server names:
Hostname: I DONT FREAKING GET IT
Hostname: WTFWTFWTFWTFWTF
Hostname: 010101010101010101

All 3 server config:
Announce: true

All 3 ports are open TCP and UPD and checks out positive on:
http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

All 3 servers works and are running and have been joined by me from LAN and friends from WAN via direct connect.

Lets’ see how many hours/days it will take to show up in any list…-

Update:

So today I found an old router an began to ran some test. Quit quickly my server was freaking visible in-game and in the server-list.
I should properly have starter with that. Doh!

Next I went back to my old setup and the pfsense firewall. Same problem no server visibility. Which now was expected since the other firewall worked. I found this blog post that sounded like my problem. https://stelfox.net/blog/2010/03/pfsense-and-gaming/

Here are the steps to get it to work:

Open up Firewall -> NAT
There should be three tabs, ‘Port Forward’, ‘1:1’, and ‘Outbound’
Click on the ‘Outbound’ tab
There should be two radio buttons, by default “Automatic outbound NAT rule generation (IPsec passthrough)” is selected. Choose “Manual Outbound NAT rule generation (Advanced Outbound NAT (AON))”
Verify that there is a mapping with the following settings:
Interface: WAN
Source: Your internal (LAN) subnet
Source Port: *
Destination: *
Destination Port: *
NAT Address: *
NAT Port: *
Static Port: YES
If you have more than one subnet you’ll need to do this for each one.
Save and Apply the settings

When I applied the “Manual Outbound NAT rule generation” and set the static ip check-mark I could still not see my own server. But then suddenly some player “wazny” joined the server. Omg omg omg omg. First time in weeks! :smiley:

So now everything works and was all related to the firewall in pfsense, except I don’t see the server in the in-game list which is o.k everyone else does. :slight_smile:

Thanks for collaborating and helping me out.

1 Like

@COndor
Hmm ill be damned, this works, and i think i know why…

Since pfsense rewrites the source ports when using “Automatic outbound NAT” and some application breaks when this happens, hence the Static Port YES option to avoid breaking.

However, this makes IP spoofing easier, and makes it possible to fingerprint hosts behind the firewall from their outbound traffic. Rewriting the source port eliminates these potential (but unlikely) security vulnerabilities.

but shit is visible now on the list, thats important! lol :smiley:

Good job @COndor and @Boss this thread can be a reminder/hint for others who happen to have pfsense or similar setup having problems with their server being shown on the list.

@Areomayo Not all troubles are over for me. Sadly :confused:
Is ur own server visible for u in the list? Or just to out people?

So by changing the source port it eliminates the potential thread? If I do that and start up my fivereborn client I get a:

Also now every second time I join the server I get an “no target netID 1” and never really connect to the game session.
How is it working for u?

@COndor

Short answer yes, i can see my own server on the list, in-game.
I dont know how your setup is exactly.

I have a few vlans in my setup, example; I’ve got my fivereborn server on a separate vlan than my client, so i only need to change the static port on that vlan/subnet to static port and leaving the other vlans untouched.

The only Error/bug i get when joining is that it will sometimes tell me im not in a network session even though im able to chat with others on the server Weird! but a few relogs then it works just fine. but this problem ive also had before and with other servers so it might be som script/mod ive got on the client side bugging abit.

So by changing the source port it eliminates the potential thread? If I do that and start up my fivereborn client I get a:

This is a clientside issue, has nothing to do with the server.

@Boss Yeah I know. So today I bought a dedicated server online so that I could test how it should work and not just on my LAN server.
Things were looking really good. Server showing every where and now even I see it :smiley: Thats nice.

So I join the server and after a restart of client the server-console starts spitting “no target netID 1”. Now this happend on windows server and I thought it was purely related to my server being hosted on my crazy local pfsense network where I was joining from. But no this is a fresh installed Ubuntu 16.04 all firewalls down external host.

What is going on here? Everyone most have that I guess?

thank you so much sir, i was about to totally wipe my esxi to go full debian and remove the pfsense

Hey, I need help, my FiveM server isn’t showing up in the server list. I can direct connect but when I search the name or the up 127.0.0.1, nothing shows up? Could someone assist me please? It helps a lot! Thanks.