Server lag at 90+ players and night

Hi guys,
Hope you are well and you can help me with a little issue

My server is getting huge server lags every day after 18:00PM with 90+ players.
All day when they are constantly 70+ it is working smooth and without problems

Can you please help me what can cause this issue?
I’m happy to send my resource list if that helps
the host is OVH

Well it all depends. Do you have a high amount of scripts with low GB included with your hosting service. (EX Zap Hosting / VPS)

1 Like

As destiny4 said - how many GB of RAM do you have for the server, what’s the CPU? Do you have good SQL database hosting? Approximately how many resources? Do you have a lot of high-poly custom cars?

These all can play into a server “lagging”, but I’m not sure what you mean by “lag”. It’s a misused term… do clients desync, do scripts take to long to reload? does the server have problems with referencing mysql?

Hi both,

First of all thank you very much for your help.
I try to answer the question,since I’m struggling with this issue every night with 90+ players
By “lag” I mean script/command delay on the server,like 2-3 minutes or even 10 minutes.
When this lag appear the console is spamming server thread 12.300 milisecs of hitch warnings
I have 240 resources in total with 40 custom car modes. (police,and other )

the SQL database hosting is also on the vps,where I have the server
18 gb ram
Xeon E5 1650V3
200GB HDD

Again,thanks for your help and hopefully you can help me to resolve this delays I have every night

up…

i’ve same but my server getting lag when 25+ players

240 resources is alot, type resmon 1 in the console and check the ms for the scripts

You are kinda wrong. You can have 500 resources without any problems. BUT if you don’t optimize the scripts, then you have a problem.

As you said, use resmon 1 in the F8 console and try to figure out why you get these huge lag spikes. As it looks like, I think it is some kind of bad optimization of the database queries. There is a post on the forum on how to see why the hitch warnings are happening

I never said that you can’t have more than 240 resources, just that it was alot

I know, but this dude may missunderstand :stuck_out_tongue:

Use the profiler tool on the server and capture the frames during the problematic time, then analyze the results to see what resource is causing the lag.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.