Server fails to launch. New Installation. Vers ...6f24

Server fails to launch. CMD window appears after running run.bat (and FXServer.exe), then closes.
Windows version?: I think 1803.
What did you do to get this issue?: Launching run.bat
What server did you get this issue on?:" build_server_windows/master/1128-e521b9e333869c210879f4101bac80db7bfc6f24"
CitizenFX.log file: None
.dmp files/report IDs:97e3d483-47e7-4b68-9bd5-79dd8e9e3e1e
0d683c9a-dd39-4d7a-9022-fe8893b83e42.dmp (612.7 KB)

If an issue with starting:
Filepath to FiveM SERVER folder:“E:\Games\GTA V FiveM Server”
Did you try to disable/uninstall your Anti-virus?:Nope

> Got a SIGSEGV while executing native code. This usually indicates a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries used by your application.

Also add what you already tried so far:
Changing code to pause after execution, and changing the “run.bat” to target FXServer.exe properly.
First time server installation. If anything helps, it may be the space in the directory in the servers path.
Any help appreciated.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

The original run.cmd should’ve included

@ echo off
%~dp0\FXServer +set citizen_dir %~dp0\citizen\ %*

1 Like

Does not work.
And yes, that was what it was before. It did not even launch FXServer with the way you stated. Windows says “could not find xyz.” So, I just did “FXServer.exe” at the start instead of “%~dp0…”.

%~dp0\ does not work for me. It could be not launching because of the " " in the directory.
Any workaround or fix? I would really prefer not to move the folder elsewhere.

Edit: Fixed some words for less confusion.

Hey I fixed it!
This took some mental gymnastics, but here it goes.
My start_server.bat looks like this:

@echo off
echo %cd%
pause
..\run.cmd +exec server.cfg
pause

And my run.cmd looks like this:

@echo off
..\FXServer.exe +set citizen_dir "..\citizen" +exec server.cfg
pause

I am just glad it works now. For those reading this post and finds someone or is that someone with the same issue as me, please direct them to my answer/try it out, and see if it works. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.