[SECURITY] [FREE] Triggerlimiter

– IMPORTANT –

This resource is for people who have already learned Lua and have basic knowledge. If you set up this resource correctly, you can significantly increase the security of your servers.

This resource limits the number of times one of the entered events should be triggered per player before certain code is executed.

Github

4 Likes

im sorry but i cant get how you can add “security” by preventing events being gets called or limit them on calls , maybe share your thoughts or the scenarios this script will help with the security ?

Well, kinda basic to be honest, how many times can you enter your password incorrectly before you get s captcha?

That should explain itself.

1 Like

Example:
You have an event that can be triggered every 10 seconds and with which you get 5 apples. My script prevents hackers from finding the event and triggering it 100 times in a row with a Lua executor, thereby circumventing the time limit.

1 Like

i dont think you should trust clients at all ! so they can call an event easily with hax or such and get items , guns , etc . but sure , i can see some scenarios and some scripts which you have no choice to do this and this script help it ,

Its not a definitive solution to avoid money cheats but this script would help people with low knowledge to prevent cheaters giving themselves standard quantity of money/items with a loop to prevents being caught with a min/max money checker

so its a good release

1 Like

i saw the codes and i guess there is a problem in while loop , hits[v.name][source].hits = 0 this line to be exact https://github.com/Kattrigerkatta/triggerlimiter/blob/main/server.lua#L25 how does it get the source ? i dont think this line works because sources can be different number and this loop is not even in the eventhandler to get saved ones either

1 Like

oh yeah srry, I can see the error. I uploaded a fixed version. Thanks for commit.

1 Like

I think rather than creating a system that tries to poorly protect insecure events, we all begin to do server-side checks on events so these “security” protocols aren’t needed in the first place :smiley:

Small Update (by @btwlouis)

Reworked:

[ / ]: Loop was removed and instead it is calculated with GetGameTimer()

If every server owner knew how to secure their server from cheaters/hackers, there would be no paid anticheats out there.
But I agree with your statement, this resource should not replace the server-side checks, but it helps server owners who are not yet that experienced with Lua, etc. to make their server slightly more secure than it is before.
:slight_smile: