Runtime water manipulation

Why does the ocean wave back?

Because it has decent sea. This is a small example with the new runtime water manipulation stuff.

Download: Github

Just ensure the waterworld resource to start the waving or stop it to calm it down.
It is a really small example to load an included water.xml file. Have Fun! :ocean:

For more ways to manipulate water in runtime: FiveM commit e0609bf

Preview:

Code is accessible Yes
Subscription-based No
Lines (approximately) 8
Requirements N/A
Support No
9 Likes

Great little resource! I would highly recommend a preview to the script running in real time. As much as it is open source, a preview would generate you not only views but provide a bit of insight into the script :smiley:

It has a lot of potential, i added a preview of the :ocean: in action.

Please feel free to share some of the creations using these new natives! Also a lot of love for Nikez, Disquse, z3t4s, okqut and everybody else that made this possible :heart:

Is there any way to make it less wavy? is is impossible to swim there

Yes, inside the water.xml file you can play around with the values to change the water/wave behaviour.

More info on modify water for los santos [water.xml]

Probably dont want your calming quad inside the wavequad…

would be dope if it was server sided

Now we’ve just got to wait until someone builds an underwater city diving server haha.

1 Like

We need more stuff like that, I love it!

Imagine a restart script with actual Tsunami…

How to manipulate runtime the z value of water.xml? like every minute increase water heigh with 1?

I checked feat(extra-natives/five): runtime water manipulation · citizenfx/fivem@e0609bf · GitHub but none of them helped.

We already did. :slight_smile:

Ah someone else who’s tried these new natives. I’ve had issues with pool size crashes using my own water.xml, just tested yours and experienced the same thing and wondering if anyone else experiences it?

[Window Title]
Error GTA5_b2802.exe!sub_140AA7504 (0x17)

[Main Instruction]
CTaskSequenceList Pool Full, Size == 31

[Content]

[^] Hide details [Save information] [Close]

[Expanded Information]
Report ID: si-30fad51a43a14cfd85cc8822cc7f2018
You can press Ctrl-C to copy this message and paste it elsewhere.

This is sick, is it synced between players? if not then that change would be amazing, I’d love to use it as an actual tsunami script haha