Running FiveM with sandboxie / Multiple Instances

Hi,
I would like to set up a split-screen environment for GTA V.
My idea would be to start two instances of fiveM.

My best approach right now is this:

• I copied my GTA V steam folder to another folder so I have my game folders:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V Copy1
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V Copy2

• I copied the FiveM Folder so that I have:
    C:\Users\tobil\AppData\Local\FiveM
    C:\Users\tobil\AppData\Local\FiveM 2

• I changed the citizenFX.ini of the two FiveM configurations to contain their respective installation

• Both variants work on their own, but I can’t run both fiveM instances at the same time. I tried starting one of the instances with Sandboxie. But FiveM doesn’t run with Sandboxie even when started without the second instance.

I get the following error:

Do you have any idea how to make fiveM run with Sandboxie or do you have another approach to run multiple instances of fiveM?

Version: Current, since steam automatically updates it
Legit or Pirate copy?: Legit
Steam/CD/Social Club? Steam
Windows version? Windows 10 1803
System specifications: NVidia GTX 1050, Intel I7 8650U

CitizenFX.log file Unfortunately, there seems to be nothing inside the log file when running fiveM with Sandboxie

Thank you for your help,
Tobi

2 Likes

Is this the same license or two separately licensed GTA V installations? I would suspect if it’s the same license there will/could be issues.

1 Like

Thanks for your input SaltyGrandpa. It’s the same license.
Yeah, that could totally lead to issues, but I’m optimistic because fiveM doesn’t launch steam to verify my license or my GTA installation. And I renamed the folder where steam installed the game, now it can’t be started using the GTAVLauncher.exe anymore, but it works using fiveM in both folders. As far as I understood fiveM checks in via social club to check if I have a valid GTA V license. I think it does it once before the first start, but even if it would do this before every start I don’t see why this wouldn’t work twice, especially because it would be complicated for fiveM to make a connection between my installation folder and my license.

However, the error I get with Sandboxie seems independent of that, since it exists even if I just launch one instance with Sandboxie. So I’ll have to solve possible other future issues after I solved this one.

I solved my own issue by adding “C:\Users\tobil\AppData\Local\FiveM” to the folders the app can access in the sandbox settings.

Now I can connect to the server when running fiveM with Sandboxie.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.