[this server has closed, thanks for those that played :)]

:star2: Step into a time machine with Calamity: Where Nostalgia Comes Alive! :star2:

Hey there, fellow roleplayers!

We’re thrilled to introduce you to an immersive and nostalgic journey that will transport you straight back to the iconic year of 1993. Calamity 1993, a brand new FiveM roleplay server that’s all about recreating the essence of the early '90s. We’ve put in the sweat and tears to ensure that every aspect of your virtual life in 1993 feels as authentic and exciting as possible. Below are some of our features to get an idea of what we bring, and we hope to see you groove to the rhythm of the past soon, are you ready to rewind?

So what can you expect?

:no_mobile_phones: Communication with a Twist:
Say goodbye to smartphones and social media – in Calamity 1993, you’ll be using brick phones and payphones to connect with others. Write other players numbers on a notepad, or check the phonebook to stay in contact, Embrace the charm of old-school communication methods as you navigate your way through the city.

:red_car: Classic Cars and More: Cruise through the streets in style with our collection of lore-friendly cars that capture the essence of the '90s. Square cars, vintage aesthetics – we’ve recreated the vehicle landscape to make your journeys truly nostalgic.

:office: Immersive Interiors:
Step into meticulously designed MLO and custom interiors that transport you straight to the early '90s. Whether it’s your character’s home or the local hangout, every location is chosen to provide an authentic experience.

:floppy_disk: Tech Throwback: Say hello to chunky monitors, old-school laptops, and vintage electronics. Our prop replacements system ensure that the technology around you matches the '90s vibe, enhancing the immersion.

:vertical_traffic_light: Traffic from the Past: Experience the city coming to life with era-accurate vehicles on the streets. Our NPC traffic is exclusively composed of vehicles from the early '90s and before, creating a visual spectacle everywhere you go.

:tshirt: Fashion Flair:
Use clothing menu system to make your character look the way you want, and to dress the part with era-appropriate clothing that lets you embrace the style of the '90s. Express your character’s personality while staying true to the fashion trends of the time.

:man_dancing: Expressive Emotes:
Express yourself with a range of emotes, whether it’s a friendly wave or an enthusiastic dance, your emotions will shine through.

:man_police_officer: Your Role in the Past:
Choose your path from a range of roles including law enforcement, EMS, DOJ, civillian and various criminal paths. Immerse yourself in narrative storylines brought to you by other players, or started by yourself, and be part of the interactions that define Calamity 1993.

:hammer_and_wrench: Endless Opportunities:
As a civilian, dive into various jobs like:

• Mining - Work in the quarry or the mineshaft.
  • Trucking - Deliver goods or manage your own trucking business on your own or with a party.
  • Gold Panning - Pan for gold and other goodies in the rivers to share with others.
  • Fishing - Deliver fish to restaurants that need it, or sell straight to the vendor.
  • Mechanic - Own or work in a mechanic business and help people get the ride they need.
  • Taxi - Start your own business or use the existing depot to get to work helping players travel.
  • And more!

Our multi-job setup allows you to switch between roles seamlessly, embracing the diverse opportunities of the '90s.

:radio: Groove to Time-accurate Tunes!
We’ve revamped the car radio experience, Say farewell to generic tracks, and welcome custom radios and era-specific music with their own respective genres and logos that’ll make your RP adventure even more immersive.

:open_book: A good thing to note if you’re planning to play on this server

This server actively focuses and is based around storylines, we want players to feel like actors in a movie, to be involved in others and their own narrative roleplay.

Im sure you true roleplayers have noticed FiveM has become an amalgamation of grinders, self-inserts and low tier roleplay, and we try to focus entirely on story and mediation in every aspect.
This place is for true characters, if you have an idea you can always contact staff to mediate a story and to receive help a jumpstart to your narrative, either by finding other players to assist you, or by having developers create content specifically for your roleplay needs.

:v: Final Notes

Immerse yourself in the Los Santos of 1993, where brick phones, square cars, and an unbeatable atmosphere define the experience. Choose your role, be it civilian, law enforcement, EMS, or a figure in the criminal underworld. The possibilities are endless.

Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to relive the past in an unprecedented way. Get ready to join the beta release and become a part of the immersive world of Calamity 1993. From roles to businesses, it’s your chance to make a mark on this nostalgic adventure.

Stay tuned for more updates and announcements as we gear up for the beta release!
Join our Discord and keep an eye on the #Dev-Teasers chat, or check for periodical updates on this forum page.

1 Like

The owner has worked endlessly on this server. seeing the result of development really shows this is a labour of love, and my time testing and viewing the progress made me think it is one of the smoothest and most unique FiveM experiences ive played! please check this out and give it the love it deserves!

2 Likes

Hi! Just for those confused, this server is brand new and is being actively developed right now, 26/08/2023
I know the post says it’s from 2022, which technically is true. However that’s because i made an older post for a different server as i was already working on server development and coding back then, however CFX does not allow us to remove old server posts, instead i had to edit the old one to make this one!

So this server, (Calamity RP 1993) isn’t from 2022. But it’s a new freshly updated one. Just wanted to put that out there for anyone confused.

Hope to see you in Calamity!
-Robin

Thanks Fae i really appreciate that

Calamity has the potential to be one of the top RP servers. Robin has a special gift of creating worlds through her art, music, and rp. Her years of rp experience has come to a culminating pinnacle here at Calamity. I’ve enjoyed seeing the seeds of an idea turn into a unique new adventure in a bygone era, with the player always being centric in the equation. Come for the story, stay for the community. You have found your new home.

1 Like

Such kind words Bishop, thank you. You’re a sweetheart. To many more roleplay years ahead :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi I’m Jackie I met Robin a few months ago during my Time in the weekend tactical. In the time that I’ve known Robin she seems to be a bright and talents seem to be great so I have High hopes for this server.

1 Like

I know how hard the owner worked for the server and the results are exactly what i expected. Robin did an amazing job, she is extremely talented and hard working, so check the server out and you will discover many other qualities of the owner and of the server. :purple_heart:

1 Like

The amount of care and heart put into this server even at this early stage is amazing and you can really tell. This has the potential to be an amazing server and I cant wait to see it and be a part of it.

It’s time for a little Dev Log to keep you up to date on what i’ve done recently

It’s the paper days

I’ve added a couple resources that will help keep the immersion and allow people to share information in various ways.
News reporters are able to create news papers, which players can access by simply interacting with a newspaper box found all around the map

On spawn you will receive a book with a couple pages of information on how to get yourself situated and where to find the important things. This resource can also be reused in other areas and other custom books can easily be made when neccesary

I’ve added a physical items for restaurants and other retail kind of stores that need food or drink menu’s

These are physical props to which businesses hired on can update and change their own pages and pictures used in the menu, so no staff interference is needed when a business has an update in their stock.

Here’s a quick example of me testing the page changing out, and how it looks to look at it in first person

Notepads! I’ve added notepads that you will get on character creation and you can use to keep track of various things like peoples phonenumbers or the phonenumbers of phonebooths.
You are able to tear out pages and drop them somewhere for somebody to find, or give them to a player to quickly share written information.

I’ve added sitting locations in all business locations and assigned to various props all around Los Santos and the northern region. This means whenever you’re in those restaurants with hard to sit places because of tables or such, or struggle to line yourself up correctly to do a sitting emote, you can instead just interact with the chair to easily sit somewhere.

Currently i’ll mainly be working on PD stuff right now, i’ve already got the MDT looking nice and retro, and made the radar system accurate to the 90s

We’ll work on the rosters for the people that have already joined the discord and applied, set up the outfits and EUP’s, and after that i’ll get on to civillian clothing.

If you have clothing you’d like to see in the server, join the Discord and request it in the proper chats!
Now is the time to do this because after launch i dont want to change the clothing too often and mess up the numbers.

Massive amounts of bugfixes, configurations and back-end gameplay code has been done, so we are at a good spot for Calamity right now

Which means we’re nearing our ending of launch preparation.

Because of this i’d like to gather everyone together for a test run with everything that has been done so far, and see if we can find any bugs to squash, if not. great!
if you do, then also great! because that means the proper experience will be met with less issues.
this really mostly applies for game breaking bugs, crashes, anything that makes it barely playable or literally unplayable

I was planning to host an open weekend next weekend, So from the 15th to the 17th.
If you are available then and are interested in joining calamity, make sure to join the Discord

to join this opening!

Everything will be moved and updated to live, so everything should be available to be done.

This is also the perfect opportunity for those interested in businesses (and those that already have applied) to receive their keys and get sorted right away so they dont need to have that done at official launch.

Meaning its also the perfect time to apply if you hadn’t convinced yourself yet!
Itt’l give us 4 days to go over your application, and set the things up that you require

the same goes for any other application or mediation ticket for applications such as LSPD, State, DOJ, starting a law firm, or EMS

Hope to see you there!

The open weekend has started, Join the server to try out the server!

If you find any bugs or have any suggestions put them in our Discord

Join the server by clicking here

Discord Event

:fire: Get ready guys! :red_car::dash:

:sparkles:The countdown is ON! Just a couple days left until we dive into the world of Calamity 1993 together :sparkles:

It’s time to gear up, hone your RP skills, think of new exciting characters and prepare for new opportunities in the world of '93! :boom:

Get those ideas going, and your applications in, Calamity awaits, and we’re about to create history together! :rocket::tada:

See you in the server soon! :fire::man_police_officer::oncoming_police_car::star2::confetti_ball:

:rocket: Calamity 1993 is LIVE It’s time for a celebration! :tada::video_game:

No more waiting—dive into the action! :red_car::dash: Your epic adventure begins at the click of a button. Join the chaos, forge alliances, and make your mark in Calamity 1993!

The streets await, cool cats. See you in-game! :fire::star2:

If you can’t find the server, join through this link

And don’t forget to join our Discord

This server is 10/10 and has SO much potential. It just needs amazing rpers to come along and scoop it up with all their wonderful stories.

1 Like

Some businesses are opening and ready for all of you to interact with!
Here are some of the current new businesses in place, find a new place to work, or just to hang out in

• Hornys Burger Joint
  • Pearls Seafood Restaurant
  • Bean Machine Coffeeshop
  • Red Circle Nightclub
  • Bahama Mamas

Want to run your own business? Make sure to open a ticket business and we’ll work something out!

Looking good!

1 Like

Been on the server for coming up to a week, really nice mechanics set in a brilliant time period, before technology really took over.

Looking to set up an illegal rave scene listening to the music of the times, Raves in warehouses and out in the countryside with multiple sound systems, drugs and all the culture that went with it.

Jump on and join the fun!!!

1 Like