RivaTuner doesn't work with FiveM

Is there any reason for this or any way to get it to work? It works just fine for regular GTA V and I have even tried adding specific profiles for FiveM.exe and FiveM_GTAProcess.exe and put the detection level to high but it still doesn’t display anything.
For those that don’t know what RivaTuner is it’s a program that displays GPU/CPU usage, temps and FPS, among other things.

Hello, this is a friendly reminder because this is your first time creating a topic (or it has been a while since your last topic) in this category.

Please note that most of the support is provided by the FiveM community on a voluntary basis. We ask you to be patient; there is no guarantee we have a solution to your problem(s). To avoid unnecessary/duplicate topics, please browse the forums before creating a topic.

To improve your chances of your issue(s) being solved, please provide as much information as possible about the issue(s) you are having. Also —whenever possible— please use the template given to you when creating a topic.

Thanks for keeping these forums tidy!
:mascot:

The incompetence of the RTSS developers (causing crashes in processes they do not own) has led to a decision being made to blacklist their module from being injected into FiveM.

1 Like

“incompetence of the RTSS developers”

But FiveM Dev’s can’t blacklist other things like FiveM Cache decrypters being injected or used…

GG

because it isnt the clients fault? people use third part tools to do this… it dont inject into fivem.

These cache files are downloaded to your computer and people then use tools to decrypt them.

“because it isnt the clients fault?” - But it’s the client doing it? So it is.

The decrypters are not injected into the client. They’re third party tools. Once you have the cache files, there’s nothing preventing a third party application from reading them and decrypting if they know the algorithm. Decrypters shouldn’t even be part of this discussion.

Ah, so you’d suggest we run a persistent background process that monitors the system in case anyone does something ‘bad’ related to FiveM even when FiveM isn’t running?

Yeah, that’d basically amount to making FiveM equivalent to malware.

1 Like

I have used RTSS for like forever and had sessions lasting in excess of 6 hours, a blanket ban seems kind of sledgehammer approach.

This new weird implementation using temporary exe files like FiveM_GTAProcess.exe prevents me using nvidia inspector to cap the fivem framerate making my gpu heat right up now.

Can more light be shed please onto these crashes?

If the program developers can’t be fucked to not inject their stuff into processes that don’t belong to them, and people claim we’re at fault for their incompetence, no, they can’t get unblocked.

That’s unrelated and probably a flaw in ‘nvidia inspector’. We’re following the Windows API standards precisely, third-party software that cannot should be blamed for that.

At one point RTSS would crash GTA V for all people who installed a specific OS security update. Other than that, we’re commonly experiencing a large amount of passive crashes caused by injected DLLs such as this.

RTSS is specifically designed to inject into game processes, thats what it does. You make it sound like its a bug or something in that it was injecting into fivem.

Now all people who installed a specific OS update is not all people. So again it was a sledgehammer approach. What is this specific OS update?

Also what is the windows API standard that forbids apps injecting DLL’s into other apps? Many security software does it routinely as an example.

Now I just googled rivatuner crashing fivem, and the results dont seem to support some kind of mass crashing problem, were these all reported in secret or something?

Also I have had fivem crashes in the past, but whenever I disabled RTSS in those instances, it never ever resolved the issue. Instead either the cause was unknown (just eventually went away) or would turn out to be a server side issue, or driver config issue.

The decision is made so what is done is done, but maybe it could be considered to make the block the default behaviour but also to make it overidable as a setting or something…

What a load of bllcks. Forgot FiveM Dev’s were better than ReShade, RTSS, Microsoft etc etc. How on earth do you think these programs work? Whats next, blocking OBS when it injects into FiveM? LOL.

“That’s unrelated and probably a flaw in ‘nvidia inspector’.” Oh dear, better than nVidia now?

“Ah, so you’d suggest we run a persistent background process that monitors the system in case anyone does something ‘bad’ related to FiveM even when FiveM isn’t running?” No, MD5 Check your Files everytime the exe rules, prventing old / dodgey .dlls to load alloying LUA event triggering etc.

It seems that said project actually has competent developers, given that there are no reports of it crashing.

If a program can’t make ‘profiles’ for an executable with a specific name, and we don’t even do anything related to profile handling (since this is not our responsibility), how is this our fault?

That doesn’t even make sense in practice, in addition to that the specific tool the user complained about doesn’t even run together with the game but runs outside of the game context.

Finally, someone with some common decency.

" It seems that said project actually has competent developers, given that there are no reports of it crashing." - Reshade has caused just as many crashes for me as OBS, and OBS can be a major pain sometimes, getting the hook with Game Window to work. I don’t see why we can allow some injection based software to work with FiveM, but not others. “If the program developers can’t be fucked to not inject their stuff into processes that don’t belong to them” Proves this point; every injection based software, be it OBS, ReShade, RTSS etc does this. It should be a user choice, if i want ReShade with a few crashes, i’m happy.

" If a program can’t make ‘profiles’ for an executable with a specific name, and we don’t even do anything related to profile handling (since this is not our responsibility), how is this our fault?" I’m not saying it is. It was that guys general attitude towards it.

" That doesn’t even make sense in practice, in addition to that the specific tool the user complained about doesn’t even run together with the game but runs outside of the game context." Well it does. For the decrypter and client side server event trigger thing to work, it requires an older version of a certain few dll’s. So maybe the cache could still get decrypted, but for that, can’t we just scramble the cache on FiveM closing, then when it re-opens, FiveM unscrambles it or something? Hell, even deletes it on exit. idc about having to redownload everything, each time i connect to a server. My community had 130 exclusive & private cars leaked because of this issue. In terms of RTSS, i don’t know it well enough to comment and you guys will know more; i’m more focused on that guys arrogant and know it all attitude

I was using rivatuner, for a racing server I play on that requires you to cap your fps to 60 and never had a single crash with rivatuner on that was caused from rivatuner itself, Maybe it was older versions causing the crashing but I never had a single crash. same with the other 100+ people who used rivatuner on this server.

Weird, since it has been blocked for well over a year - perhaps even two by now.

Has it now? Could have sworn I was using it just about a month ago with 5M.

Also I think it’s funny a third party app that hooks into another application blocks other third party apps that hook into theirs

That’s not true at all. Rivatuner broke on the same update that added all those “new” props around the map. If you don’t want a program to hook onto FiveM, that’s fine, but don’t lie about when it happened.

What? If it broke at that point, that wasn’t intentional, since it was meant to be broken for long before that.

This is the only commit that touches this code and it’s almost 2 years ago, since then nothing intentionally changed on our end that might’ve ‘broken’ this at all.

I mean RTSS has changed a lot from 2 years ago, I remember when RTSS was causing crashes with every application, I remember having issues with it crashing csgo but this is no longer the case. I mean is there any chance you guys could look into allowing it again?