[request] mySQL vehicle plate register

Hi all,

I would like to know if it is possible to script a vehicle plate register and reader to a database? Such would be able to type /checkplate or /runtag (ect) in order to read from the mySQL to determine if the vehicle is owned by the player. I know there is a few different resources out there to aid in the making of this script and it would also be determined by whichever vehicle purchasing script is running for compatibility, though I am not sure how to go about making it work :/. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

You could either get into Lua or C# as a start. There are several usefull links scattered around on the forums

We have a Wiki you could take a look at also take a look at NativeDB for usefull natives.

Be sure to take a look at our Releases section on the forums aswell, since there are some great
examples on it.

If you have any more questions be sure to post back!

:snail:

Thank you for the useful links gallium! I have been doing a bit of digging through releases and I have been self teaching myself LUA since I started with this whole modded community. I would consider myself moderately decent when it comes to combining certain scripts but the whole platereader thing has really taken a toll on me. I will look at the links to see if I can find what I am after… though I guess it would be best to start with the databases / mySQL. Thanks again!

-ps- It truly sucks that there is professional scriptwriters that enjoy this game and make scripts only for a proffit and do not want to further the modding community. I am not sure if you know what I mean by this but basically since I have started, it almost appears as one would script in a unique way on purpose to ensure their work is not “stolen”. Hopefully that will change in the future, as we would all like a better community… I hope.