Remove the plugins folder reading from FiveM

England language
Hello, I would like to write this post due to the overflow of fraudsters in the FiveM community. At this moment, the modification against normal players is at a really high level. On Polish servers based on the default ESX, unfortunately, there are a lot of cheats. In the network, we can find a lot of tutorials on how to upload some modifications to plugins and so-called bypass. Bypass is nothing more than a process that cuts into the main FiveM.exe process. When such a bypass works, we can use the modifications that will appear in the plugins folder in FiveM Application Data. My suggestion is to remove the entire plugins folder from FiveM, as this may lead to a reduction of the main FiveM community. Based on the versions of other people, I know about the uselessness of this folder for other purposes than cheating. I know that such a folder is to be used for modifications on servers with the allowed entry in the server configuration, but I consider removing this function. Always, you can put the script on the server and use it instead of the default FiveM plugins. I think most communities will agree with me and the post will be considered at least.

Greetings
Adrian5063

So remove the plugins folder to stop people using the hook bypass? They would still be able to use it. The best thing you could do is report the hooks, that way they can go into FiveM’s anti-cheat…

The scripts/modifications would need to be made for FiveM, using FiveM’s coding methods etc. So unless they get made into resources etc. then server-side wont work for them…

2 Likes

…And the people using FiveM SP get screwed over?

so you move the files to another folder and not the plugins folder so you wont be able to see them but you can still see the others that are still in the plugins folder?

You know that won’t stop cheaters.