Remove default props with codewalker

Hey People,

Im trying to remove default props for an FiveM server.
I loaded a ymap with a building. Around that building there are some default fence’s i want to remove.
How can i do that so i can save them in the building YMAP so i can load it into FiveM?

Because everytime i start codewalker and load my project those fence’s are back even after i removed them.

Thanks in forward :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’re removing props from the default map, then you need to save whatever ymap you edited and stream it on your server. If you’re talking about keeping those props from loading in codewalker when you start it up, you’d have to modified the gta v game files, which might cause you issues down the road.

But if you’re just talking about removing some props that were added by that ymap you loaded it’s as simple as turning on the mouse select and then selecting the prop and hitting your delete key.

Thx for your answer, but sadly it doenst show me those other ymaps at that time. But if I understand you correctly they reset every time i restart codewalker. So i have to edit 2 ymap’s (1 for the building and one for the already showing props which has to keep the default name I guess)
And then stream both to the server.

I guess, I need to be more clear on what you’re trying to edit.

Are you removing default props that would normally be on any other server and on gta and gta online?

Im trying to place this one:

I want to remove /replace the blue fence’s with indestructible one’s and remove the power generators that are also there.

Ok, so then you’re removing default props.

You’ll need to edit the base map then so I would recommend looking at this topic:

Even though that is talking about interiors, I would believe it would be the same concept for what you’re trying to do.

After that, just stream the motorway dealership map like any other ymap.

Thx for the info i will try that later today and let you know!

For some reason i cannot get it to work,

If i reload my YMAP files the fence’s are gone but if i move further away the come back. So i think that thats also happening in the game for other people

Also when you load the building in the game you get lot of more texture’s then you get in the codewalker.

This has to do with LOD, which means there is more files that you will need to edit to get it to work properly.

That’s probably because you don’t have the add on props installed locally so you can’t see them in codewalker.

When i’m further away i only can select 3 small items

But then i get this error code.
and for the other one’s i see this:

This is the LOD view:

But sadly i cannot remove those because i get the same error message as the first screenshot

My only other suggestion at this point because I have not gotten well versed yet with actual gta v base map modifications would be to search on youtube GTA V mlo and you’ll find tutorials on how to do that kind of stuff on there.

Thanks so far,
All the tutorials i found are about building maps and building inside’s nothing about removing items.

ever figured this out? I managed to delete SOME stuff, but trees are a pain, they just keep reappearing :V

1 Like

you have to move some trees under the map and also do the same if it has an LOD

have you figured out how to remove trees? I really need some trees removed from legion square :frowning: