Releases requirement

Kind people of lé Forum

Might I bring back the idea of needing Trust Level 2 before you even can post under the #development:releases category. While the requirement got lowered for quality of support concerns, I think it didn’t really improve much / marginally got better at the expense of the quality of releases dipping really hard. The “let’s make quick cash” stigma was already present before and now even more so when anyone can just make a quick release.

Also generally quality control is much harder and it’s difficult to tell at a glance if a release is actually a good resource or not even worthy being sold. Let alone checking if they aren’t blatantly stealing from someone else and adhering to license and copyright agreements. Raising the requirement would lift the shoulders of a lot of people still trying to keep it a clean place.

Yes no questions objections?

3 Likes

I agree, this should at least be on paid releases. But it would be better if it was on all releases like it used to.

I never realised the trust level 2 wasnt a requirement any more… that explains a lot.

1 Like

Happened some time back Jul 16, 1:30 PM as per Releases Rules and FAQ - #21

Resulting from people “trying” to give bad support on topics posted in #technical-support, etc (can’t find an example). Trying to get the TL2 requirements. Which in itself isn’t hard but the main culprit being Replying to at least 3 different topics. But I really do think the Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially should be at least minimum alongside the other requirements.

Perhaps (though this’d require custom code to enforce), but there have been quality concerns even before this.

The current setup wasn’t really meant to scale or last for this long, but thinking of anything new is extremely difficult and there’s a lot of things that need doing that are equally ‘important’.

Didn’t know this :open_mouth:. But totally agree for the rest. As long if it is on the to-do list all good. Just a general expression and thought which people seem to agree with (have to age the post further). As the platform is growing and the volume of releases will increase each day anyway. This would’ve brought back some more control over it.

And / or bring the “steam workshop” idea to life! Cough

Gotta be considered a game first lol.

Not actual steam workshop, that’s why I said idea. It was an idea to rework the releases category.