[Releases] [Free] Cayo Perico Improvements Freeroam 4.2.2

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: glad to hear. I might release my Grove Street cleanup ymap pack some time soon too, I basically did the same thing and removed rubbish, bushes, etc. Especially around Franklinā€™s Auntā€™s house and the strip club, but I gotta do that again as I messed something up

1 Like

Uploading: Screenshot_171.pngā€¦
[image]
Invisible wall

1 Like

:thinking: I donā€™t seem to have that issue, can you show me exactly where you encountered this?

same Problem

They are everywhere on dirt roads when colliding with them scattered leaves, trees may be invisible

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: If youā€™re using the Cayo Perico for FiveM resource then yeah, theyā€™re everywhere, but the files Iā€™ve provided remove them as well as rubbish and a bunch of other things.

Itā€™s more than likely that you need to replace the files with mine, rather than streaming them both.

Personally Iā€™m not a fan of streaming the island; I run my server on 2189, use Dopeā€™s Island Hopper and this resource, my Cayo Perico Improvements 2.0, and it works as intended. I donā€™t have invisible walls, nor do I have issues flying aircraft around the island or driving boats up onto land :man_shrugging:

@anon70864786 I got invisible walls everywhere pls help. we are using the cayo map island resource. we got no water issues only invisible shit. would be nice if you can help to fix.

1 Like

Rather than using the island resource, put your server into 2189 and then stream my files. I donā€™t stream the island and Iā€™m not facing any of the problems that you guys are :man_shrugging:

@Tallion42 @QLQXD @chaosbe just to figure out your issueā€¦
Are you all streaming the resource for the island or forcing native build [2198]?
Do you have the necessary requirements for it [polyzone, etc]?

I updated everything and forced the build instead of streaming the resource and now it is working perfectly, once again! Thank you my good sir ahah
Also seems to have fixed some shitty textures on the city and way better performance since the resource is defo big.

1 Like

Oh phew! Iā€™m glad to hear! I did make a script to switch from LS to CP and back, but it was janky and didnā€™t load the island every time, so I scrapped it and use Dopeā€™s Island Hopper. I am however going to upload my config.lua and entityset.lua files for this resource, as it makes the beached whale appear, and makes it so you can hear the ambient audio on the island, as well as spawning props inside the safe, like the pink diamond, or the panther.

1 Like

I believe that, even if you were streaming the island, you would still need to be on 2189 to have everything work as intended, which is why I donā€™t bother streaming the island. But Iā€™ll update this resource and the info to make it easier for people to understand :blush:

1 Like

Just updated the resource information, hopefully thatā€™s easier to understand. Seems that my resource works best with 2189, canary, and Dopeā€™s Island Hopper. I think if you stream the island, you canā€™t have the island as well as my files, you have to replace the islandā€™s files with mine :thinking::man_shrugging:

Thanks for the feedback anyways :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I dont use canary or dope island hopper, I just got myself a bridge btw!
So just streaming the island is enough really :hugs:

The resource itself I find it hella useless to be honestā€¦ if you can force the native, why put another resource on the server, specially a massive one that took a shitload to load :confounded::v:t2:

2 Likes

Hello?
Ur there?

Yeah, I did look into that island resource originally but took 15 minutes to load into the server and then another 8 minutes to cache everything. Waves were annoying and PolyZone made the water look weird.

Then youā€™ve got the collision issues. I ended up first cleaning up the island because it was a mess, and then I added the lights, runway lights, opening the hangar doors via IPLs and then looked into the weird invisible stuff.

Funnily enough, I donā€™t find that, or the island resource annoying, the most annoying thing is kids who donā€™t know shit about FiveM resources and expect a YouTube tutorial :joy:

Well I think you explained in the best way possible! If people want to be spoonfed, then I dont really knowā€¦ maybe Ill do a tutorial hahahah xDD
The island resource could be improved bc its impossible to use it for RP for example. IMO your option is way better!

1 Like

Hi yes, sorry I have been busy busy, I dmed you.

:blush: I did have a way to load and switch between them both without the hopper, but it was weird and hypersensitive, in the sense that on my screen Iā€™m on the island but on your screen Iā€™m jumping up and down in the water :thinking:. Unfortunately, even for RP servers, Rockstar coded the island behind natives so itā€™s difficult.

Ow well thats unfortunate, I will keep an eye out but for now all is working ok

2 Likes