[Release] Whitelist Resource

This is not a normal whitelist resource, please read the post in it’s entirety before downloading. This resource is not for everyone! Thank you.

Inferno Collection: Whitelist

Build Status

Public Beta Version 1.2

The Inferno Whitelist resource is specifically designed for server owners looking for a way to allow other people (such as Admins, Mods, etc.) to add and remove people for their server whitelist, without needing to give them Box/FTP/Control Panel access. Inferno Whitelist, though the use of PasteBin and it’s free API, provide server owners a way of doing this. In a nutshell, server owners create a PasteBin whitelist, allow other people to edit said whitelist, then the Inferno Whitelist resource automatically collects the whitelist every X minutes, where X is configurable.

Some assembly is required, make sure to read the installation guide!

Presently, the following can be customized:

• How often the whitelist automatically refreshes.

Download Link

Check out the Wiki for an installation guide, as well as to find out how to use the resource.

If you have any troubles, suggestions, feedback, etc, please check the Wiki and/or create a new issue on GitHub.

Thank you to our Alpha Testers, and their respective servers and players, for testing this resource:

• LurkingSpirit#8338
  • Tom | DutchGamingsHD15#7193
  • J. Hughesman#6922
  • Ovist#9081
  • FamalamJamalam#0001
  • Beerasaurus - Rex#9371
  • Trevor Cory#7451

The Inferno Collection Team

5 Likes

my boy back at it again with a sick ass resource

ayo homie modify esx files for non esx servers.

1 Like

So this just pulls from a publicly-available pastebin? Seems very insecure to me

Resource is secure, please read response below.

2 Likes

You create an unlisted PasteBin, configure the resource with your specific PasteBin API details, then the resource uses a POST request using your API keys to collected the Paste (aka the whitelist) directly from PasteBin’s API, and all this is done on the server script (there is no client script), so it’s fairly secure; besides, the ‘data’ is just steamhexs, discord ids, etc. so it’s not exactly sensitive data, nothing you can’t find yourself.

I would argue this is more secure then most whitelist resources that uses a whitelist file inside a resource, as the client downloads this file, while in this resource, the client never sees the file, and the server does all the HTTP requesting :+1:

You can see how it all works here:

https://github.com/inferno-collection/Whitelist/blob/74142d3beef652e8a88f855a2d81990e573bb95b/[inferno-collection]/inferno-whitelist/server.lua#L40-L74

1 Like

So i take it the whitelist is all done via the pastebin. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All setup and working nice awesome work buddy like the rest of your resources keep it up. :slight_smile:
image image

2 Likes

July 2020 Update:

PasteBin has made changes to its API service that makes it more difficult for users to create API details. Specifically, APIUserKey can now only be created by sending your own POST request to their API server, instead of the simple form they used to have. Thanks PasteBin :roll_eyes:

While a little harder to set up now, the resource will still function. Also note that once you generate a key (or if you already have one), you do not need to generate other.

Hi there. I would like to get some help if possible. I would really like to make use of this whitelist system. However I’m stuck with the POST request. I would like someone to guide me a little bit to the right direction of how I should execute that function. I tried with postman but was not successful :confused:

What part did you get stuck on? We can go from there.

Is it possible to make an Ace perms group as one of the identifiers with the whitelist?