[Release] [vRP] vrp_searchtrash

This requires Dunko`s VRP v6.7.

With this script, you can search almost all trash cans/dumpsters and find different food items or cash.

To add it to your server, move it to your resources folder then add ‘ensure vrp_searchtrash’ in your server.cfg.

Download it from here.

Github: https://github.com/George-Adam/vrp_searchtrash

Disclaimer: This script may not be unique, this is the first script that I made for my server, and I decided to release publicly. Also, this is my first time creating a topic. I will add pictures as soon as I get back to the computer.

If you have any questions or issues, create an issue on Github and I`ll answer back ASAP.

There we’re some issues with the script at the initial release, it should work as intended now!

Screenshots:

3 Likes

Thanks! And you are welcome! I will release more in a few days

the script is copied

It ain’t copied mate, compare the client side, it’s completely different. For the server side, I generated a random number, to give items in a certain range (of that number), how else would you do it? Tell me a method and I will modify the script.

How to make this work with Mythic export??
replacing s_trash.lua line 31 with mythic_notfiy doesn’t work.

Please help

exports["mythic_notify"]:DoCustomHudText("inform", "Search In progress"),

From what I see, you need to use a client event to notify the player, because the export is for client side only. Something like this:
TriggerClientEvent('mythic_notify:client:SendAlert', target, { type = 'inform', text = configS.searchNotify, length = 2500, style = { ['background-color'] = '#ffffff', ['color'] = '#000000' } })

It worked just fine thanks man <3

Is there a possible way to link it to ProgressBar?

Which progress bar? From vRP or another resource?