[Release] video-stream - Watch videos with your friends

Has anyone got this working on Linux? Yarn & webpack fails to run on linux

Yes. You can remove dependency 'yarn' from __resource.lua and run npm i yourself if you have node.

First up. I want to thank you for this. This has been awesome. At first I thought it would be difficult but it was really easy to setup. It has been getting a lot of attention and idk what else to say. 50 stars if we rated it between 1-5. Again thank you for allowing us to use this. Its an amazing script.

2 Likes

@throwarray Awesome of you to release this. I used your resource in the past to make my movie script for the outside auditorium christmas movie screening during the holidays. The only thing I’ve ever wondered about it was the localization of audio. I suppose that could be done by only playing the nui instance within a certain distance of a set coord though and have it point to another url when out of the range of said coord. Not sure if you ever tried that or not, but would be interested in how you’d go about that, the localization of the audio that is.

It redirects to a blank page when the streams down or when you are out of range. I decided to use an IPL check vs a distance check to avoid sound leaking through walls or needing audio fading. This is easily changed if that’s not ideal.

Change IPL check to a distance check here
https://github.com/throwarray/video-dui/blob/master/video-stream/client/client.lua#L76

Adding an event to set audio would be simple enough as well and could be triggered using SEND_DUI_MESSAGE

// public/dui/app.js
window.addEventListener('message', function (evt) { 
   if (evt.data.type == 'volume') {   
      const volume = evt.data.payload;   player.volume(volume);     
    }   
})

hi, i tried that, but it still says yarn failed?

I get this error,
This is what my __resource looks like:

And i have done npm i which downloaded the node modules
Help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

help me… pls

Very nice good sir. I will have to check out this code here some time later today. Much appreciated. Edit: I won’t be using the IPL to localize the audio but it’s nice to see how that’s done because I’d like to do that with Bahama Mama’s.

Question: Since i host the stream live from my own IP. To make it visible to outside players i used my external IP in the StreamURL and streamofflineURL. Can i also add in more lines to stream internally?

That won’t work as you’re telling the client to access that video (which is all external)

How would I add another screen to this? IE Use the theater screen in the Player Facility? Use is as well as the movie theater? Or is that even possible? We use the Player Facility as a place to just relax and is a non-rp area. Which would be perfect to use it in there.

I’m running a Linux server… am I missing something?

I’m getting an error that it won’t start, but I’m not getting the node/yarn stuff if anyone can point me in the right direction.

idk maybe im stupid but i have the cinema , i put link and that still not work i use obs without rtmp live stream

why when i type /video-stream:set “the url” it tells access denied

why i have this problem? image

missing __resource file in the folder “kino”

Would appreciate it if people who’ve installed the resource manually would help others do the same.
Also it would be great to have comments / bugs / suggestions other than installation help.

3 Likes

any idea how to change possition of this screen for example in a building?

Thanks a lot!

Change the coords for screenCoords and cinemaIpl.
Change the heading in SetEntityHeading.

If you’re moving the screen inside an interior and want room only audio then cinemaRoom should be set to the room id. You can look this up GetKeyForEntityInRoom(PlayerPedId()) or so.
Otherwise you can change the inRange check to something custom.
inRange = GetInteriorFromEntity(playerPed) == cinemaIpl

2 Likes