[Release] vAnnouncer v2.1 (09-Oct-2017)

Hey Vespura could you make something for messages for server restarts?

2 Likes

disregard message, misunderstood topic

Those commands are not related to this resource, please ask in the original resource topic.

1 Like

If I do more than 9 messages, the script won’t load. I get

error parsing script va_client.lua in resource vannouncer: va_client.lua:25: ‘}’ expected (to close ‘{’ at line 15)

As long as my last message is at line 24, it loads and works as expected.

EDIT
figured it out, missing a comma

What are the colors of ^0 to ^9?

1 Like

Any idea how to fix double posting? :joy:
https://gyazo.com/35ab34f559401ad5007caa04aecda220

Are you somehow running two versions of this resource at the same time?! Never had that happen before…

I don’t even know. :joy:
Restarted it using icecon, seemed to fix the issue.

can someone help me figure out why its saying “this is simple messagex”

Unless you changed the formatting to be that “[Servidor]: {message}”, then that’s not vAnnouncer.

If it is, then just change the messages in the config!

this is how my vannouncer is setup and im confused on why its doing that

If that’s your config, then vAnnouncer is not responsible for that [Servidor] message. Iow: it’s not vAnnouncer that causes it, it must be another resource.

i Wasnt getting those messages until i installed the vannouncer resource

Well, if you press ctrl + f when editing the vAnnouncer files, and search for that message you see in chat, does it pop up anywhere?

No? Then it’s not vAnnouncer that could possibly be sending it.

Yes? Then show me the lines they appear on.

I’m wondering if you could assist me with your script. I’m wondering if it would be possible to make announcements at either specific times, or 175 minutes after the server started. Because right now if I set it up like that in the current script state, it will announce 175 minutes after the player joined. The reason I want 175 minutes, is because we have an auto restart every 3 hours, and we don’t have access to the .bat so can’t add it in there. Do you think you could help me?

restarttimer.zip (828 Bytes)

I made this for someone once, it’s a restart timer script, similar to your use case, you might be able to use that.

Update 17-12-2018

I will no longer be maintaining/supporting this resource. The GitHub repo has been archived. Fork it if you want to update it yourself.

Does this come up with a popup or a message on the hud?

No, only chat messages.