[Release] Tornado Script

thanks for the reply, all the perms I played with are in ESX so to give my self ACE perms do I do that in the server.cfg?

I have tried the command tornado_summon in console and nothing.

2 Likes

It does it on the positions in server.lua not where you are

I know that. I don’t get notifications at all and i fly around and don’t see anything

Do not see tornados but in console it shows its spawned

Go into the sever.lua, change one of the coords to where you are standing at the moment. Then, get rid of the rest of the coords. So that you only have one set of coords in there and it’s the one where you are. Run the command. You should get picked up and tossed across the map (or at least it will seem like it LOL).

If that works, hey great. If it doesn’t, you shouldn’t be running a server because this is a plug and play script.

1 Like

You’ll need two locations or the script will hang, it prevents the start from being the destination

You have to actually go to the location, also keep in mind the thing moves away from the spawn location.

still lags me, not as bad, but still pretty bad.

Reduce the particle amount and layer amount in the TScript.lua config, hopefully that’ll solve some of the lag.
The default settings in the original script spawned about 280 or so objects for the tornado, the default settings I’ve given spawns around ~140 or so.
Because of the particle sizes (which can be increased), you can probably half this object amount and still have a decent looking 'nado

lines 50 and 51? (20 of these)

Yes​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

I used a combination of a little script editing, recommended by @glitchdetector and weather, recommended by @Scott_UK to get rid of the lag.

OBS causes hiccups in the recording, the game play was smooth.

I run an older 4th gen i7 with 32gb of older DDR3 ram and an NVidia GTX 970 4gb. (older computer).

1 Like

That would probably fit to a zombie RPG server or something like that, or even when there are Events in roleplay servers that occurs once a while.

That looks amazing, would you mind sharing the vortex settings you’re using for others to use? :smiley:
Also note that if you reduce the VORTEX_TOP_ENTITY_SPEED vehicles aren’t as easily tossed out of the tornado, and will continue to orbit around it.

Lowering VORTEX_MAX_ENTITY_DIST will also make it pick up vehicles when they are closer, if you feel like it picks up vehicles from quite the distance.

Hah I could only imagine this tearing through the city on something like RottenV:R

This is a really great release.

Keep it up! :+1:t2:

That would look awesome on TT, Keep up the great work GLONCHDeFRACTOR :kissing_heart::ok_hand: @glitchdetector

This is so fucking dope! Thank you!!

Hmm… I’m guessing you mean in the TVortex.lua:158 (maxDistanceDelta). I changed it from * 4 to * 2

Also in TScript.lua, line 50 is set to 7, 51 is set to 1.

As far as the VORTEX_TOP_ENTITY_SPEED, I had it lowered to 60, but it still tosses car pretty far. That was half speed. I’ll cut it in half again and check it tomorrow.

The original script used 30 (it’s in meters per second)

You should probably use the configurations in TScript for this too