[RELEASE] SpeedTrap- FailRP Driving Monitor [FIRST OF ITS KIND]

SpeedTrap

What is it?

Essentially SpeedTrap is a script that watches for FailRP and people going too fast on your server. From my research, this does not exist anywhere else so I figured I’d be first. This is my first public release and I will be updating this a lot to fix all of the bugs that will be found. You can configure the speed before the warning message and the actual warning message. This also works off of ace permissions so if you would like to allow someone to go over a certain speed you can do that as well.

Permission Setup

add_ace group.member jordan.gofast allow - Allowed to go over your set speed
add_ace group.staff jordan.gofastwatch allow - See alerts for speed

Configuration

------------------------------------------------------------
-- SpeedTrap- A Simple FiveM Script, Made By Jordan.#2139 --
------------------------------------------------------------
    warningmsg = "You Must Be Whitelisted To Go Over 150 MPH Please Slowdown Or An Admin Will Be Alerted!",
    maxspeedwarning = 150,
    StaffAlert = "^9[^7SpeedTrap^9] Player ^1{PLAYER} ^3is going over ^1{SPEED}",
    StaffAlertCooldown = 60, -- How many seconds should cooldowns be for staff alert message?
    debugEnabled = false,
    webhookEnabled = true,
    webhookURL = "YOUR_WEBHOOK_HERE",
}

Acknowledgments

Acknowledgments

Badger#9884 (Jared Scarito)

5M

Photos

Photos

Console

Warning

Update

Downloads

GitHub- Jordan2139
Direct Download

13 Likes

Looks dope man congrats on the first release.

1 Like

Very neat resource, this is definitely gonna come in handy. Great first release, can’t wait to see what else you create!

1 Like

Thank you! Stay tuned as I have much more planned!

[UPDATE] I just pushed update 1.0.1 to fix some issue with the version checker. Please update your script!

sorry to say but not the first speed trap [Release] ESX_SPEEDCAMERA (60, 80 & 120 ZONES, BILLING & BLACKLISTED VEHICLES) but good release mate

It’s not a traditional “Speed Trap” in the term of the LEO speed trap but this is instead an FRP driving watcher. Download the script next time and you’ll see what it does or even read the description. @dean-Hollywood

2 Likes

not feeling it

Just pushed v1.0.2 with a togglable Discord webhook so you can further track those FRP drivers

1 Like

looks good might check it out

1 Like

Nice script however I reckon this approach is a little intrusive.

On my server we have speed traps around all the populated areas and on the main highways. Anything over the speed limit that we have set in the rules you will be fined automatically via the bank and of course the faster you go when caught the higher the fine is.

1 Like

That’s not the point of this script, this is to watch for those people that are “FailRP Driving” and going obscene speeds on your server, you can set the speed then when non allowed members go over said speed staff gets alerted and you get a webhook sent to your discord

Instead of allowing them to do the speeds just edit the vehicles max speed

1 Like

That’s the harder solution and this script was made for people that may not know how to edit handling lines or may just want an extra measure of security, I’m not making you use the script, I just made it for a specific type of people. If you don’t wanna use it then don’t. ¯\(ツ)

I never said you was making me use the script nor did I say I was, I was simply giving you feedback.

Version 1.1.0 has been released with an update to ignore plane and helicopter speeds to prevent those annoying popups while flying

whitelist? no discord tag or whatsoever…?

As of right now it’s via permission hashes but I will be pushing a update soon that will incorporate discord role ID’s similar to Faxes AOP.

1 Like

I agree with this.

Although this resource has good intentions the best option is to have your vehicles set up properly. If anyone is able to drive at excessive speeds then that is the fault, or maybe the intention of the server developer.

This may however be useful for detecting modders travelling at warp speed!

1 Like

why just why