[Release] Simple Door Chime

Simple Door Chime by Chezza

Information
Hey FiveM members, this is my first release here, so it would be great if i could get some feedback. The script is very self explanatory, what it does is Trigger’s an alarm/chime sound when getting in or out of your vehicle (Video below). This script is not standalone however it uses InteractSound by @Scott for the chime noise (This is included in the Download).

Video (with sound)

Preview of Door Chime

Configuration

Located in cl_chime.lua

local volume = 0.1 -- Change this number between 0.1 - 0.10 (Recommended) 

Download

Installation

• Drag both the InteractSound folder and door-chime folder into your resources.
  • Add ‘door-chime’ and ‘InteractSound’ (without ’ ') to your server.cfg and that’s it!

Credits

Support

• If you have any issues, suggestions or questions ask them below :slight_smile:
16 Likes

Nice great work m8 this is a small and simple script and it can make some small realism thanks for the upload

Im going to update this post when I have tested it more

2 Likes

No problem and thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@godgutten is right, this is a good script and you did it well. Stay doind thats things. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hate door chimes IRL :rofl: I would never use this in game but still a great script.

3 Likes

didn’t edit anything only dragged them in and started the resource through config file and cant hear anything

2 Likes

Sorry the version of InteractSound that I uploaded was broken, download it again via github and it should work now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

perfect now thanks, great work :wink:

1 Like

Nice release :heart:

1 Like

Great release!

I have a suggestion: Maybe, if possible, make it so when you type a command, like: “/ffdown” It will play a PASS Alarm in a range of 20m:

And when you start moving, after the “/ffdown” it will stop playing, or you have to type “/ffup”?

This would be a great addition for all those keen firefighters in FiveM!

2 Likes

Very nice! Would love to see something where you can set different sounds to differnt models, like an older ford chime like you have in right now for older ford models and the new chime for the new models… same sorta thing for other car models, could set them in a config. Would be cool if possible!

1 Like

You can do this by adding more sounds and choosing which model you want the sound to be on

yeah I could if I knew how lol

1 Like

10/10 would install again

1 Like

Great script.

1 Like

is it possible to have the door chime go if a door is open?

Nice release :+1:

1 Like

Hello there! I made some changes to this script to make it a bit more realistic. If @Chezza doesn’t mind, that is.
These changes bring realism by keeping the chime active until the door is closed

–HOW TO EDIT–
You will need to change both cl_chime.lua in your door-chime resource folder AND main.lua in your in InteractSound resource folder.

This changes your main.lua in InteractSound – This should replace ONLY your “InteractSound_CL:PlayOnOne” EventHandler --SHOULD LOOK LIKE IMAGE BELOW-

RegisterNetEvent('InteractSound_CL:PlayOnOne')
AddEventHandler('InteractSound_CL:PlayOnOne', function(soundFile, soundVolume)
	local ped = GetPlayerServerId (PlayerId ()) 
	local veh = NetworkGetNetworkIdFromEntity(GetVehiclePedIsIn(GetPlayerPed(-1), true))
    local lCoords = GetEntityCoords(GetVehiclePedIsIn(GetPlayerPed(-1), true))
    local eCoords = GetEntityCoords(GetPlayerPed(-1))
    local distIs  = Vdist(lCoords.x, lCoords.y, lCoords.z, eCoords.x, eCoords.y, eCoords.z)

if(distIs <= 4) then
        SendNUIMessage({
            transactionType     = 'playSound',
            transactionFile     = soundFile,
            transactionVolume   = soundVolume

})
	end
end)

This is a new version of cl_chime.lua in door-chime made by @Chezza

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
    while true do 
        Citizen.Wait(0)
        local ped = GetPlayerPed(-1)
        local veh = GetVehiclePedIsUsing(ped) or GetLastDrivenVehicle()
        if DoesEntityExist(ped) and not IsEntityDead(ped) then 

if IsPedInAnyVehicle(ped, false) and GetEntityModel(veh) then
                if GetIsTaskActive(ped, 2) then
                    repeat TriggerServerEvent('InteractSound_SV:PlayOnSource', 'chime', .2)
                    Citizen.Wait(1000)
					until GetIsTaskActive(ped, 168) or GetIsTaskActive(ped, 164) or IsPedInAnyVehicle(ped, true)

end
            end
        end
    end
end)

Known Bugs;

• If you close your door from the outside by running into it, the chime will stay on unless you close the door in any way by pressing F (If someone knows a fix to this please be my guest)

2 Likes

Nice Job :100: