[Release] RS9000 - Police Radar

RS9000 — Police Radar System

RS9000 is a realistic traffic enforcement radar system for FiveM servers.

Features

• Patrol speed indicator
  • Accurate dual antennas (front and rear)
  • Two antenna direction modes
  • Ability to set speed limit
  • Audible beep when detecting speeding vehicles

How it Works

Each radar emits a narrow beam that detects the speed of moving vehicles. The radar has a maximum reach of 50 meters (this is fixed and non configurable). When the mode of the antenna is switched, the beam rotates a few degrees towards the oncoming lane of traffic. There are two antenna modes: SAME and OPP; which correspond to same and opposite direction of traffic, respectively. The mode can be toggled using the MODE buttons in the control panel.

The arrows to the right of the red (FAST) displays indicate the direction of the targeted vehicle. If the vehicle is travelling away from you, the top arrow will illuminate. Likewise if the vehicle is travelling towards you, the bottom arrow will illuminate.

If a vehicle is detected to be travelling faster than the set speed limit, its speed is tracked in the FAST display corresponding with the antenna that is tracking the vehicle (top for front, bottom for rear). If enabled, the radar will beep when a speeding vehicle is detected. The beep and display can be reset in the control panel by pressing RESET under the FAST row.

Controls

• Ctrl+X — Open control panel (only works inside emergency vehicles)

Control Panel

Usage Information

RADAR

• ON – Turns on and off the radar system
  • SHOW / HIDE – Shows or hides the radar display. Note: the radar cannot be hidden if it is on

FRONT / REAR

• XMIT – Turns on and off the antenna (transmission)
  • MODE – Toggles the mode of the antenna between SAME and OPP

BEEP

• ON – Turns on and off the beep sounds when a speeding vehicle is detected

FAST

• RESET – Resets the FAST displays
  • SET LIMIT – Opens a keyboard to set the speed limit

Download

Releases

v1.2.0 (230.7 KB)
v1.1.1 (229.1 KB)
v1.0.0 (228.1 KB)

Latest Beta Release (v1.3.0-beta)

GitHub Repository

Installation

• Download the latest version above or from GitHub
  • Unpack the rs9000 directory inside the .zip file to your FiveM server resources directory
  • Add the resource to your server.cfg file
  • That’s it! Well, unless you wish to configure it

Changelog

Changelog
v1.2.0
 - Added a license plate reader display
 - Added `plateReader` property to the config for enabling/disabling the plate reader
 - Added `beep` property to the config for enabling/disabling the beep by default
 - Added `fastLimit` property to the config for setting the default fast limit
 - Fixed a bug where the fast speed wouldn't clear when it was reset
 - Fixed a bug where ped speed was being detected by the antennas
 - Fixed a bug where the antennas could be enabled when the radar was powered off
v1.1.1
 - Escape key can now close control panel
v1.1.0
 - Added the ability to change keybinding in the config file.
 - Fixed the inactive digits on the displays.
v1.0.0
 - Initial release

Contributions

Huge thanks to @ToastinYou who graciously helped test the project.

If you would like to contribute to the project, see our contribution guidelines.

License

RS9000 is licensed under the MIT license.

This project is heavily based on the fantastic WraithRS project by @WolfKnight179. Thanks, WolfKnight, for the inspiration!

26 Likes

|

So you just remade the one from “High Speed Gaming”

1 Like

Actually, it’s a remake of WraithRS by WolfKnight.

All three are based on the real life Stalker 2X radar, so sure I guess you could say that.

2 Likes

I am not trying to disrespect you I was just saying it was a similar remake!

1 Like

Could you add keybind changes into config?

Edit: Just saw there was a source code in GitHub. :drooling_face:

Hello The radar is working but the licensplate check dont :frowning: or it have got a button? If yes can you write

Is it for ESX? , it did not appear on my server

1 Like

Is there a licence plate check system? If so, can it remember the plates that it has seen in the past? This is handy if there are more then one car drives to fast. 128 slots more and more players on the server.

It’s a standalone and if it is not appearing on your server I doubt you are installing it correctly.

No it doesn’t have a “ALPR” system

1 Like

Just implemented the ability to change keybindings.

After some testing, expect a new release soon.

2 Likes

Version 1.1.0 now released.

1 Like

Are you planning on releasing this?

Releasing what?

once i press Ctrl+X it pops up but i can not press anything to turn it on, am i doing something wrong or am i just stupid xD…
It gets to the vertical menu thing thats where i get stuck, also i cant ‘close’ out of it

Your cursor should be visible.

Nice work! (: Looks really good, keep up the good work! I plan on using this in my FiveM server. Just leaving you a heads up! (:slight_smile:

Works wonderfully, no issues, simple, clean, small.

1 Like

It is, but I can not click on anything

I’ve had the same issue as @Ghostr3con976 - it completely locked me out of doing anything. Couldn’t input any in-game controls, or click anything on the radar, it just froze me out in what I assume was the web overlay.

Have you two tried the script with no other resources being started? Sounds like you guys have a script thats conflicting, like one that manages NUI control.

That could happen if the NUI window crashes.

Do you have anything in the console to suggest a crash?