[Release] rpf2fivem, tool for automatically converting GTA5-Mods vehicles to FiveM resources

before I begin, I must thank @vscorpio for starting this project! (original thread)

this tool was developed to help server owners easily convert GTA5-Mods.com vehicles to FiveM resources easily and painlessly, the times of using OpenIV and hundreds of Notepads open is over.

System Requirements

Installation Guide

• Download rpf2fivem.zip from the GitHub Releases page
  • OPTIONAL: Download the NConvert.zip from the GitHub Releases page if you'd like to use the texture resizing built in.
  • Extract the rpf2fivem.zip archive onto your desktop desktop
  • If you downloaded the NConvert.zip archive, extract it into the rpf2fivem folder.
  • And voíla, you're done with the installation!

Usage Guide

• Find a vehicle you'd like to convert on https://www.gta5-mods.com (It must be an AddOn/Replace vehicle, which should be stated in the name)
  • Click on the "Download" button, (highlighted in image below)

• Right click on the Download button (highlighted in image below), and press Copy Link, it might be different for other browsers.

• The link copied must look like the following:
  • https://files.gta5-mods.com/uploads/xxxxxxxxxxxx/yyyyyyyyyyyyyy.zip
  • and NOT like the following:
  • https://www.gta5-mods.com/vehicles/2009-acura-tl-replace
  • Paste the copied link into the "Add to queue" textbox, and then press the "Add to queue" button.
  • You can repeat this however many times you'd like, then when you are finished, you can just press the "Start" button
  • Go grab yourself a drink while this finished it's magic, and then you should find the finished resources in the folder the .exe is located in

Information:

• If any of the outputted folders are empty, just a __resource.lua file and the stream folder, the program was unable to find a .rpf file and the vehicle is incompatible with this tool.
  • The speed of the conversion process depends on your hardware and your network connection.
  • The NConvert folder IS nessecary for the texture downsizer to work.

Credits

GitHub

Downloads

39 Likes

Please say you’re at least resizing/warning for oversized textures/drawables, right?

3 Likes

Theres an error when i try to do it.

is it only for vehicles or for any resource?

I am indeed, there is a checkbox for automatically resizing oversized texture dictionaries that get unpacked.

This looks really promising. Could you possibly add a feature to split the YTDs instead of compressing them? If the vehicle is very very large, compressing the textures can make it look really bad.

3 Likes

was there any error message produced? I’m aware of the issue with the status bar resizing to fill the whole UI, i’ll fix that ASAP.

great suggestion! I’ll make sure to look into that! thanks!

2 Likes

It should support fxmanifest, instead of _resource.lua but its really nice work!

Also can you maek car packs with it?

1 Like

Feature to put all vehicles inside 1 resource would be awesome!

3 Likes

I’ve had that idea in mind a while, I’ll make sure to implement this asap!

I’m working on changing to use fxmanifest as I write this!

This works now! This is very clean. Works now and no problems. It would be good to support fxmanifest instead of resource.lua.

1 Like

indeed, I’ll try to get a build supporting fxmanifest out today, and if you don’t mind, could you tell me how you solved the issue, in case it happens to anyone again, thanks!

I just ran it with administrator perms. That worked atleast for me!

1 Like

thank you! I’m guessing that’s it’s the unpacking that requires administrator, I’ll look into it.

edit: was there any errors, or did it simply just not launch?

1 Like

Does this work with weapons

This is honestly incredible. Wow.

1 Like

Nice! Works fine :smiley:

1 Like

that’s easy, plus already been produce by someone else.