[Discontinued] RP Vehicle Damage System [1.0.1]

This script makes it so your vehicle gets disabled by damaging it easily, it’s designed for RP servers, sort of like the one that DOJ uses.

Requested by @RealReidLuna

Usage: Crash your car, it breaks, use the provided /fix chat command to fix the car.
NOTE: THIS DOES NOT USE ESSENTIALMODE, IT IS STANDALONE.

Download

Click here to download [1.0.1]
Click here to download [1.0.0]

Installation

You should be on FXServer by now.

Download the .zip file above and place the included folder into your server’s resource folder. Once the folder is in go to the root directory of your server where FXServer.exe is located, open your server config file (depending on what you named it, typically server.cfg), add start wk_vehdamage to your resource start section.

7 Likes

nice script,
but the damage amount is slightly too high i think, cause to stop a car i have to ram it straight into a wall at about 90 mph.

1 Like

You can change the level at which a vehicle breaks, at the top of cl_vehicle.lua, change the variable from 975.0 to say 985.0, keep changing it and see what suits you. It also depends what car you’re using, because I tested this with the gauntlet and it broke pretty quickly.

I have to try it !

Last script i tried broke the car with 1or 2 player hits (Hands or feet), does it take it the same way ?

I’ll give it a try and see what happens.

EDIT: Does break from melee attacks, but it takes quite a few before breaking.
EDIT 2: Nevermind, some cars take one kick, some take 5 or more, I’ll look into this.

i also tried the gauntlet, that broke when i rammed straight on into a wall at 87 mph,
but when i tried hitting things with the side of the car maybe 10 times it did nothing,
editing the number at the top of cl_vehicle, do i change the number up or down to make it more sensitive

Closer to 1000.0 is more sensitive, don’t put it to 1000.0 though or everything will break.

Thanks ! It would be awesome if this is not too easy on melee

I’m trying to find a way of checking if the player is melee attacking a vehicle and applying 0 damage when it hits a vehicle.

I love this script and I’m also going to change the amount but what is driving my crazy is when you type /fix it fixes your vehicle but it appears in chat for everyone to see and I’m starting up my community and with around 5-8 people being in game typing /fix every time they hit something is sorta annoying. Is there anyway to change that where it wont pop up in chat for everyone.

What do you mean by it pops up in chat? Never had that before.

EDIT: I’m being dumb, give me a minute and I’ll fix that.

Your fine it’s just really annoying that is shows for everyone.

Yep, download version 1.0.1, should be fixed.

I love it! You are amazing!

Edit: Ill definitely be watching the release for more updates!

2 Likes

Great script - what I have noticed while testing - you need to hit part of the car where the engine is. Ie engine in front, crash in front disables vehicle but if the engine is in the rear and you crash the front - car still drives. Now if you reverse a car that has the engine in the back and crash it - car is disabled.

Maybe has some way to register damage no matter where its hit.

It’s because the script is based on the damage caused to the engine rather than the body.

I tweaked it a tiny bit to also use body damage as well as engine so what ever damage is done it effects it - but most disables are still engine based (as body takes longer to damage overall).

Yeah, that’s why I had it set to engine damage :smiley:

Hey thank you, I saw my Cdt request it, we appreciate it! Very nice script

2 Likes

Any chance you could share that tweak cause would be nice if the car could be disabled if there was continuous damage to the sides or rear not just the engine. Thanks in advance