[Release] [RedEM: RP] Stable System

Can you record a video?

Here you go (Ignore the graphical and sound glitches like flickering and static. That wasnā€™t happening in game and is due to the low quality recording):

To me, it seems like itā€™s simply not initiating the menu, and since the menu has the button to leave, you get stuck and have to alt-tab out and close the program via Task Manager.

U changed things on client side, restore the files and open again without modify anything

I didnā€™t modify anything other than the language translations. Iā€™ll try the default, but I wonā€™t be able to use it if I canā€™t change the language to English.

Ok, I just tried it with a completely unmodified file and it still does the same thing.

how to call the horse?don t pay to custom part horse, dont resell the horse pls fix this

Honestly dude, Iā€™ve tried to get RedEM RP to work since the day it came out, and just recently tried again. Its extremely unstable and their stuff is outdated which then causes other things to stop working. Id recommend VORP, so much better and stable. Plus their support actually helps people as opposed to the RedEM RP staff.

2 Likes

Thanks, man. That pretty much answers another question I posted in discussions about RedEM vs VORP. Think Iā€™m gonna uninstall RedEM.

1 Like

I donā€™t use RedEM, I created my own _core, I just converted my script to try to help other people.

2 Likes

No worries, man. Iā€™ll keep watching this post in case anyone else experiences the issue and figures out a fix. Itā€™s a pretty good looking release and Iā€™m sure you worked hard on it. Hopefully someone can figure out whatā€™s going on. Until then, Iā€™m gonna check out VORP. My server is brand new so Iā€™m still exploring my options anyway. But Iā€™ll definitely stay updated with this. :beers:

1 Like

Iā€™ll check tomorrow whatā€™s wrong there

I saw people with a problem because the script folder name was different from LRP_Stable

Works without problem on prod build and 2619 server version. PR created

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

UPDATE: If you have a Zap hosted server, it probably wonā€™t work at all. They use the most recent server artifacts and they refuse to downgrade upon request and you canā€™t do it manually because you donā€™t have the proper permissions.

I ditched Zap for a VPS from another company, and now the mods work. So in summation: ZAP SUCKS.

I made corrections to my last commit

Hey, normally if there are compatibility issues with a specific version you can create a ā€œVersion Requestā€ in the Webinterface, in most cases these get processed promptly.
I would like to take a look at your support request in particular, could you DM me your Customer ID and relevant ticket IDs?

For reference, which version did you need for example? due to some bugs/exploits in older Versions, older versions can sometimes not be integrated without possible issues, hence sometimes its simply not possible.

1 Like

I never created a support ticket because when I went to the Zap chat and asked if there was a way to downgrade the server artifacts so I could run the VORP framework, this is what I was told:

Hey, i am sorry but rerolling the artifact version for individual services is unfortunately not possible, you could use ftp to upload your own and wanted version, before you can install one of our older versions in ā€œversionsā€

I tried using ftp to transfer the correct artifacts, but the server wouldnā€™t start. Then I explained the issue and the customer service guy says, ā€œIā€™m sorry to hear thatā€.

Needless to say, Iā€™m no too happy with your customer service. Several times I went through at least 3 different people before getting any answers.

I switched to a VPS from NFO servers (who Iā€™ve been using for years for game servers), and not only are they cheaper, but I also get more for my money. Full 32 slots without paying extra per slot, more memory, more space, and MUCH faster and stable servers (my game crashed constantly in the Zap server. Not sure if that had to do with the Dallas location, which I was told by one of your employees that it was a bad location.).

After switching, I was able to get my VORP server up and running within a few hours, thanks to the amazing VORP team over on their discord. Anytime I ask them a question, it gets answered within minutes - not hours. And they donā€™t even get paid!

So, honestly, thereā€™s no reason for me to go back to Zap. Sorry, but being a former customer service rep myself for over 20+ years, I know bad customer service when I see it.

Use the appropriate server artifacts, add VORPCore as a plugin, and reduce your prices or optimize that Dallas server better and MAYBE I might consider coming back. Until then: :fu:

Why are you so hostile when i am asking questions and wanting to help with the issue? If you do not want help then you dont need to respond, hostility helps no one.

I also specifically asked which artifacts would be required, to which you havenā€™t responded.

I will note down your suggestion for VORP, we add plugins based on their popularity here in the Forums, since they donā€™t have big forum presence, we never knew of them.

1 Like