[Release] Private/Text Message Script [UPDATED]

Works wonderfully, the only thing I am concerned about is being able to for example /block id from sending any messages to you. Thanks for the release!

Edit: I’ve also noticed that if you /text non-existent ID it shows a notification with what I believe to be names2 as nil. I am currently working on a way to cancel the event if it’s nil.

Edit2: Got it!

if names2 ~= nil then
				TriggerClientEvent('simp:textsent', source, tPID, names2)
			end
1 Like

Awesome!

Never actually thought about a /Block Function, Might not be a bad idea! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

BUMP:

OP Updated with an FXServer Compatable Version.

when I do this cmd I’m getting a bunch of code to appear in my chat its the basic format but is there a way I can change that

1 Like

What does Pnotify do and how do I set it up?

You could’ve easily Google’d that and figured it out yourself… But this’ll answer both questions:

Or, you could’ve just searched the forum:

Since I put this in the my game crashes after like 20 minutes with the purple bacon error is there a way to fix this?

Did you find a fix for this?

getting a error when you use /reply

And that error would be what? Saying you have an error won’t get anything fixed.

https://gyazo.com/34ca29b09fb9d7f160f844f245356671

I get that same error ^^^

OP has been Updated with a new release of this script.

When I send a text to someone, the text appears to come from the receiver
So if person A sends a text to person B, it looks like to text comes from person B

1 Like

same. I think he is making it so it says the player name and ID

same. I think he is making it so it says the player name and ID

Done! OP has been updated with an edit and the fixed script has been uploaded to the host.

Everyone should make sure to update their scripts with this new release

I am being a bit lazy and haven’t had a good look at it, but is there a way to remove “message from” and the player ID… just so it shows the name?

It still says the your name insead of senders name. when I do /reread it has the right ID and wrong name

It still says the your name insead of senders name. when I do /reread it has the right ID and wrong name

Hmm. Strange. You made sure to update the files in your resource with these new ones?

1 Like

yeah they are updated even cleared cache