[Release] Postal Code Map & Minimap - New & Improved - v1.3

This is good, but c’mon a postal for every footstep you take? jesus!

Accuracy is everything, especially in an emergency situation. The more precise location an officer/civ can give dispatch, the more efficiently dispatch can do their job.

At least, that is my thinking behind it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Awesome Map In the next update it would be awesome to see the following
on the interstates/us routes have an i con on them and mile markers

aerosmith-route-logo-vector-png-route-66-logo-vector-289blank-american-interstate-highway-sign-260nw-179266112download

to replace the colors letter etc

2 Likes

Wow. This map is so detailed with how many postal numbers it offers! Great Work!

I would like to see you add in Markings for the Fire Stations, but also, marking out all of the PD and Hospitals. Looked like a few were missed but no worries. Just kinda helpful to have those around for some people that are forgetful sometimes… haha…

I would also suggest from Collin and those highway markings. Would add that next layer to it!
I would also like to suggest the addition of more highway markings into the heart of the city, as there are some locations that are not near a city street postal and can only be described by the conformation of the road.

1 Like

Is there a way to stream this to the HUD minimap? That would be amazing!

I found an error in the map. The hospital marker you have at 8038 is not a hospital. The actual hospital there is at 8040.

i get that but cmon, make atleast make addresses instead of postals, kinda like doj’s postals.

There are plenty of other variations of the DOJ map in circulation, if you prefer those no worries, but I wont be redoing all the postals/addresses. If you are looking for a “less dense” version so to say, check out this one. :slight_smile:

I wish! #iMissGTA4

Yes, I am aware and that will be fixed next update. Thank you!

Thank you so much, glad you enjoy it! The remaining markings will be added this weekend in the next update! Been a little too busy to get around to it, but it is coming!

Yes! This is a great idea. I will look into this! Glad you enjoy the map :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick suggestion, but maybe do the files in a way so that they may be implemented onto a Live map server? As of now, I cannot do that.

I’m not quite sure what you mean. How would I go about that? (I am not very familiar with live maps)

While I think postal up over 10000 may be a little much however it’s different. Not everything has to be like DOJ’s. Thrive to be something else and not just a carbon copy server like the rest. With that said the people over in mine enjoy the maps personally and like how detailed it is as @Virus_City stated it gives an accurate idea where you are for let’s say a panic button.

To each their own but I enjoy it and seems others do as well. :slight_smile:

Right now, you have what, 5 .png’s? Live map requires around 1300 :open_mouth: in order for them to work appropriately. The resource is here and the map images can be found here

im not saying it has to be like doj, im saying use them for inspiration, those postals just look disgusting.

If you don’t like it then stop complaining and don’t use it. If you want one that is inspired by DOJRP then make one yourself.

2 Likes

I guess to each their own. Plenty of different postal code map’s out there to use.

Yeah, I really did not want to go to the 10,000’s but how I formatted it, it left me with no choice. I would like to go back and revisit it but that will not happen for a while. Glad you enjoy the map :slight_smile:

Holy crap! That is a lot of tiles. I will look into it this weekend though, thank you for providing links :slight_smile:

I apologize that you do not like the map, I understand that. But please do not continue to be rude, there are plenty of maps out there, to each their own. (again, you can find a DOJ-like map here, or if you want another one check here)

3 Likes

Absolutely my good sir.

1 Like

does this have to installed server side for it to work? i have done my side of it but doesnt work…

I believe so, most maps are server side. The installation is very simple, the included read me goes over it. You just stream the map files over your server, then distribute that mapzoomdata.meta file to members, and have them install it where the read me specifies.

I’ve been having a problem with postal code maps and that is that the map is super bad quality when ingame. Do you know any fix for this or have any clues what to do?