[Release] PD5M - Multiplayer PvE Police Script - Ambient Events

Hi,
thanks for the bug report! This is probably related to the distance at which you can perform traffic stops. I’ll up the distance for the next update, this should fix the problem.

Could you please try stopping a truck with a large trailer to see if that is working? I fear that I may have a bigger problem on hand if that doesn’t work either.

1 Like

Hello,
I have tested your mod for an hour on my test server, it works great but I could not find a single person with illegal item like drugs or gun on him as well as no body who is drunk or on drugs. Any idea why ?

Hey,
currently the chances for people to be on drugs etc is set quite low as to not cause too much mayhem in normal patrols. You can change the values in the resource under PD5M/Config/config_sv.lua .

2 Likes

That’s what I was gonna do today as I just installed it yesterday late night!

Whenever I click E on a traffic stop, it does not bring the menu up. The menu says ‘person is talking to another officer’. I have an ESX Server.

Hello , will this support esx if i remove the esx police and use yours??

I did try stopping some of the larger vehicles and they seemed to work. I couldn’t find an actual semi truck pulling a trailer (I’ll keep searching for one), but I had success with the Pounder and Biff.

I did find one of the pickup trucks (think it’s called a Bison) pulling the boat and they didn’t stop either. It’s weird because the Run ID works, but not the traffic stop for this vehicle.

Added this to my issue-tracker and will take a look into it. Thanks for testing!

Hey,
there is ESX-integration that you can enable. However this is a PvE-script only so it will not work with other players.
However I’m providing big customability with the config files that you can change to great extent. So you should be able to deactivate those features of PD5M that are not necessary because you use ESX.

so the ESXEnabled = false does this make it to only police can pull up the radial menu and the warmenu?

If you enable it only those with the job set to “police” will be able to open warmenu. Radialmenu-permission haven’t been set in the newest version yet have been coded and will be released when I finish everything that’s planned for next release.
I hope to be able to finish it this weekend however no promise for that.

1 Like

awesome ! I love this cant wait I am so excited, esx_policejob folks are going to be so happy

I have a question, where can I find the available vehicles in your lua files as at the moment it only works with the once from your garage and I would like to edit them so they are my British themed police cars?

You can find them inside markers_cl.lua .
I’d advise though you wait only for few more days, because I’ll try bringing out an update to the config asap that will make the garage much easier to edit :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will be using my own garage and remove the blip for your one, basically I will try and implement your mod which is amazing btw + sell drugs to npc’s together.

@Silverman This is what I was referring to that the majority of people will do with this. :wink: But I like what you have planned for the future for the script though, it’s going to be very nice :+1:

Release of PD5M v0.1.3: The Console Peasant Update

A few days since the last release, so this is bigger :stuck_out_tongue:
All you console peasants will probably like this update :wink:

• Added controller support for radialmenu and warmenu
  • Integrated Warmenu and Radialmenu into PD5M
  • Finished ESX- and vRP-permissions. Every menu should be permission-guarded now
  • fixed a bug in radialmenu that could mess up the controls of other menus
  • Completely rewrote armories and garages
  • Added large config sections so you can customize most aspects of armories and garages
  • Changed the crosshair-function not to use the SniperScope but a sprite
  • Changed the help-function to also display controller-buttons
  • Fixed a bug that made it impossible to pull over cars with trailers

Please refer to the controls section of the first post for controller-layout.

With the expection of bugfixes this will be the last update for quite a while. The reason is that the next big update is supposed to feature a callout system. Wish me luck!

Server-Owners, please be aware that the installation instructions have changed. If you are updating from an older version you should delete warmenu and radialmenu-resources as these have been integrated into PD5M

Dear Mods, the integration of warmenu has been done with permission of the author, Warxander. Sadly the author of radialmenu, Brent_Peterson, is MIA since half a year. In compliance to the forum rules I have waited 7 days for a response. I can provide proof for both resources on demand.

Brent, if you read this I hope you will give me permission to integrate radialmenu into PD5M even if it already happened :slight_smile:

As usual, have fun pulling over peds and arresting them for looking at you!
If you want to have some fun on 1st April try the following:
In pd5m/config/config_sv.lua edit this: PedDruggedChance = 100.00. Have fun :smiley:

5 Likes

@pd5m/Radialmenu/copnfig.lua:7: attempt tp index a nil value (global ’ playerData’)
is an error im getting

i am using radialmenu for every day stuff, so i went to my radialmenu and put a 1 in it ex: radialmenu1 and changed its server.cfg to start radialmenu1

thinking that might have been a problem

still getting this error i dont know if it has anything to do with me using radialmenu. when I hit “x” nothing works unless i use the console menu to restart pd5m

Thanks for the bug report! Information for everyone: while talking to Spacetrucker we found out that this bug is related to multi-character scripts. I’ll will publish a bugfix soon. If you use multi-character scripts on your server and have a bug similar to this, feel free to message me directly.

Hey I really like the idea and would like to use it but the only issue is that the radial menu X gets stuck open whenever you try to use it.

1 Like