[Release] PD5M - Multiplayer PvE Police Script - Ambient Events

Hello. I’d like to ask you when your plug-in will release the marked version.

Could you define “marked”? I don’t have a clue what you could mean with that, sorry.
Wardrobe is getting released either today or tomorrow, this depends on how fast I can get the files ready.

Hello, when will the version of random events dispatched by the dispatching center be released?

Ah, that will happen as soon as I started writing the code, finished writing, started bugfixing, and finished bugfixing :see_no_evil:
Sadly, that means that it is a long while until there are playable callouts in this script. In the meantime look around for cars with blown tyres. They do exist :slight_smile:
I also cannot give an ETA. I’ll start coding on the callout system next but it’s a huge task that I want to do so no guarantee on anything.

1 Like

OK, I’ll wait for you to release the final version. Thank you for your reply. I wish you all the best

Release of PD5M - v0.2.1: The wardrobe update

• Completely rewrote the wardrobe to feature much better customizability
    of your mp-ped
  • Full support for EUP Law & Order + Serve & Rescue
    • To utilize the EUP-wardrobe, use the EUP Serve & Rescue
      Pack
      Only install the eup-stream part of the download, you neither need
      NativeUI nor eup-ui for the PD5M-wardrobe to function
  • Added a check to keep you from opening the wardrobe without an mp-ped
  • Added fire department and paramedic wardrobe and garage for every
    hospital and fire station (no script-support, only for RP-purposes
    currently)
  • Added command /rank so you can set your department rank for every
    ingame department. Uniforms that can display rank insignia will display
    the appropriate rank insignia when choosing that piece of clothing in
    the wardrobe

Minor changes

• Moved ESX and vRP-integration to new folder Integration
  • Removed debug messages in Ambient Event “Non Roadworthy Vehicle” that
    were in the live version on accident
  • Discovered, traced and removed a bug where only a “few” markers were
    displayed (turns out that there is a limit on how many markers can be
    displayed at all. I seem to have reached that quite fine :-P). As an
    unintended side effect performance of PD5M was improved from 0.6 CPU
    msec to 0.2 CPU msec
1 Like

This is a huge update for EUP-users while non-EUP users won’t notice too much of a change.
Sadly my microphone broke and the new one didn’t arrive yet so I can’t create a proper showcase of the system. Will do that asap.

Notes for server owners
In order to use the new wardrobe you’ll need to edit quite a lot inside the __resource.lua. Namely you’ll need to comment out every file between lines 209 and 312 that has the word Vanilla in it, and uncomment every file between lines 209 and 312 that has the word EUP in it. Same goes for the armory files between lines 184 and 206.
Also please do not worry about the command /rank that is available to every player. Yes, it is possible for everyone to set their rank to Chief of Police however the only “advantage” they get is a better rank insignia on their uniform. Nothing else changes. This is also true for ESX and vRP servers, /rank will not change the department rank set with ESX or vRP.
So that command is not a problem for you at all. You can even use it to your advantage to kick those players who try to take advantage of it. They are probably not the kind of players you want on your server anyways :see_no_evil:

I’ll be creating tutorial videos as soon as my new microphone arrives. This will include:

• How to set up PD5M in the standard version and how to activate markers etc for custom interiors
  • How to set up PD5M to get EUP Serve & Rescue working
  • How to edit stations, armory, garage and wardrobe-files (and adding documentation for the config-files which doesn’t exist currently)
  • How to add your own custom station

Have fun playing the new version!

Hotfix v0.2.1.1

• Fixed a bug where after dying every marker would disappear.
  • Added simple cloth saving. After death the uniform you wore before you died gets restored.

The first bugfix is actually a larger problem that might affect quite a lot of code. This means that I’ll urgently check the code for other points where a bug related to dying will occur. Expect a fix for yet unknown bugs soon :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Great work on the updates, thanks. Can I just confirm how this wardrobe update works for different server types?

For EUP wardrobe, you need patron privileges to properly stream serverside EUP, and then you do the commenting/uncommenting listed above?

For non-EUP servers, you will have more limited wardrobe options, but there is no need to touch the code?

Hey,
If the question for different server types is unrelated to the second two questions, then I have no idea how to respond ^^
As for the wardrobe-questions:
That is entirely correct. You need patreon and need to install the linked EUP, then uncomment a lot of files.
For non-EUP, that’s the vanilla option and should work completely without any change.

I want to note two things:
a) I’m currently rewriting __resource.lua into fxmanifest.lua. Turns out that you can use variables inside the manifest. That means that the whole commenting / uncommenting-part will be void in the next update which I want to release asap. There will be config variables inside the manifest that you can change to activate PD5M-configuration for certain other resources. That will make installing the EUP-version of PD5M much easier.
b) I’ll be creating videos on installation and configuration of PD5M soon. That way you’ll not have to figure out too much yourself but can rely on the videos. This together with a) should make installation of PD5M nearly too easy :smiley:

1 Like

Release of PD5M v0.2.2: Usability Update

• Updated __resource.lua to fxmanifest.lua
  • Included Variables in fxmanifest.lua to easily activate and deactivate the files you need

This should be huge for server owners since you can easily set up your server using the variables. No need to uncomment huge chunks of files.

1 Like

Release of PD5M v0.2.2.1

• Fixed a bug where the permission system for ESX and vRP didn’t work at all.
  • Fixed medic stations not being loaded properly.
1 Like

ConvarEnableELSLSPDt0yPack dus not work for me

Can you define what “doesn’t work” means exactly? Looking at fxmanifest.lua the files seem to be loaded correctly.

think you could show me how to pair this with VRP and make money from it. it works really well. thank you for this mod.

pairing with vRP is easy enough as there is a small integration built-in ^^
Making money is way harder, to the point that I don’t think that currently there is a proper way to implement a money-system without making it abusable.
This would change with callouts which I intend to create next. As I’m moving currently that’s not No. 1 priority for me though. Might be in a few weeks…?

1 Like

when i open the x menu, i press somthing and it wont go away

Make sure that your resource is called pd5m in all small letters

Tried this out over the weekend. Good stuff! Was wondering, is it possible to toggle between on and off duty in-game? I’ve added this my private ‘variety’ server for just a small group of us and it would be awesome if there was a command to turn off the interaction menus while we’re doing races and whatnot, but then kick it back on when we’re ready to play as cops. The only thing I could find was to edit the ConvarEnableMainScript variable in fxmanifest and restart the server.

there is no OnDuty-system yet. Planning to do callouts first, if these work a Duty-system will surely come.

Slightly faster version on your current approach:

• Edit the variable you mentioned in fxmanifest.
  • in server console type refresh, then restart pd5m

That way you’ll keep the PD5M-markers active and don’t have the interaction menus running in the background while racing around. If you have admin permissions on your server the commands will also work on the client-side (I could be wrong on that one though, just seen it work).

If you don’t need the markers, then there is an even faster method:

• In server console type stop pd5m

If you want to play as a cop again, start the resource again (also sorry if I mention something that is obvious. Tbh it isn’t for a few people, so leaving this here anways…).

2 Likes