[Release] Nearest Postal Script

Help please, really want this script but it just don’t work for me…

what’s not working?

I don’t exactly know, where I ned to put this little code. Can you help me?

You actually don’t have to perform this edit anymore, shortly after I posted that comment the author updated the script to support the server side pld script.

Be more specific

Sorry I didn’t get to you soon enough, its very simple.

Go to config.lua and on the top under format change what is marked in yellow with what ever color you want by using these [How to] Use colors in lua scripting

2 Likes

Can you help me? The resource doesen’t show the street for me, just the postal code.

The script doesn’t cover street names, you can download a serverside one and also vMenu has one under its settings.

This may be what you’re looking for

Thanks for your help! Now its looking perfect! I’ve got one more question. I know this topic is different than my question, but you really helped me, and I think you can solve my last problem. I’m from Hungary, and my make an RP Server for Hungarians, but I’ve got a little issue. We have two special letters in our language, thes are the ő and ű. I need these in my server, otherwise my texts can’t be readable. I wrote every script locale file to Hungarian, but something blocks these two letters, and I don’t where can I find them. I searched the es_extended, and the essentialmode, but I can’t find any solution. I know its possible, because in Hungary, we have got a couple RP servers. Thanks for your help!

how do i move nearest postal close to map

the font used in the scripts need to support your language otherwise it will appear as a Square.
i don’t know how to change the fonts so i can’t help you with that.
but as an example the nearest postal script uses the gta fonts and believe me the gta fonts don’t support most languages.

Thanks a lot dude! Now I know where I need to search for the answer.

When I try to use the OCRP map and the nearest postal set to OCRP script the script breaks and the console in F8 says the cl.lua is broken. What do I do to fix this

you need to rename the ocrp-postals.json to

new-postals.json

Then it works just fine. @Mylesb10

thanks

Is there a call back to get the nearest postal for pedestrian. I want to use this in another script.

does this go into the server side directory

Is there a way to send this to the 911 plugin? The idea is to output the nearest postal in the 911 communication as well.

Noob here. Wanting to know what “terminal” is being referenced in this statement

Run the following command in a terminal

1. git clone https://github.com/blockba5her/nearest-postal.git

And is this only server side?

I downloaded and installed the nearest postal and ocrp map. I was able to get the map to show up by getting a mapzoom in fiveM. However I only have nearest postal displaying in game. The direction of travel and street names, and the mini map postals are not showing up.

Anyone have a clue how to fix?