[Release] /help, /rules, /cmds [HRC] [1.4]

I feel really thick lol but I just can’t figure out how to get that event handler to work? I’ve been looking at scripts that use the spawn event but just can’t get my head around it

As I said above it was re written heavily. The html and CSS files has vaules in them for the spawn events which are no longer there.

Try simple disclaimer for the spawn.

1 Like

no problem, thank you for your help :smile:

1 Like

i cant wait for the html version of this. i want to use this resource so bad but i dont have photoshop nor photoshop skills

1 Like

Yes. I’m slowly working on it. Its been a pain so far but I will get there…

1 Like

Update 1.3

• Added sound when the menu is opened as requested by @DavidR (Sound included is freeware).
  • Removed the fade for when the menu is opened to make the sound have a better effect.

I have been making development on the html version. I am focusing on adding planned features and feature requests for all my scripts. So html version of this is on the list… somewhere…

downloads in OP

2 Likes

Hello, @FAXES really interested in this, however, I have loaded it into my resource folder, and started it within my server.cfg, and when I attempt to type /help in-game, it does nothing but put “/help” in the chat.

I must be doing something wrong, or have missed something?
Any help appreciated.

Have you started the resource? Also is there any errors that appear in chat or console when you run the command?

1 Like

The resource is started, and no, no errors in cmd.
Ive decided to use Simple Disclaimer.
Since your script is based off that, is there a possibility to re-open the disclaimer once closed?
Thanks.

simple disclaimer should not effect this script as it was fixed in 1.2.

I would suggest redownloading 1.3 and naming he resource fax-hrc restarting your server with fax-hrc in the server config. Try that and report back.

1 Like

I like the fact of not using commands to toggle the disclaimer.
How would I go about allowing the script to run with a press of a button, for instance; HOME?

I have done this and mapped it to the ‘F5’ key, probably not the best written but it works :flushed:

Citizen.CreateThread(function()
  local display = true
    while display do
      Citizen.Wait(0)
        if (IsControlJustPressed(1, 166)) then  --'F5' key
	    TriggerEvent('help:display', true)
		--ShowInfo('~w~ Press ~INPUT_CONTEXT~ to close', 0)
		end
		if (IsControlJustPressed(1, 51)) then
	   -- ShowInfo('~w~ Press ~INPUT_CONTEXT~ to close', 0)
	   TriggerEvent('help:display', false)
	end
  end		
end)		
1 Like

@daniel992 Youre a legend.
Thank you so much! xD

Update 1.4

• changed the image names to make it more simple.

I have a question when i join the server is one of them a disclaimeror are they all commands

All commands. Nothing pops up on join, but people have modified it as seen above.

yea but no one made the server info a disclaimer and then rest a command
that i what i am looking for

Change the RegisterCommand for sinfo to AddEventHandler('onClientMapStart', function()

now i have a bigger problem the images don’t show up

should be fine, unless you changed any events or variables