[Release][Free] High resolution Satellite map with custom postals

Sorry for the late reply.

Are you still having this issue? If so, have you tried to delete the resource and copy it again to your server resources folder?

yes i am and yes

Hmm then i don’t really know whats going on, because if i download it and put it on my localhost it works without issues. Are you sure you are just using the oulsen_satmap folder and not the complete github download? You only need this folder in your resources folder on your server.

thanks it is free

1 Like

Its in the post:
If you want to use the nearest-postal script https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-nearest-postal-script/ , you can use the oulsen_satmap_postals.json which is included in the Github. The nearest-postal script is not included at this time, but you can download that separately.

Install

1. Upload oulsen_satmap folder to your resources folder on your server
  2. Add oulsen_satmap to the server.cfg file (start or ensure).
  3. Optional, change the map to the nogrid version. Just copy the files in the NoGrid folder and paste/overwrite these files in the stream folder of the resource.
  4. Start the resource or reboot your server
1 Like

If you just want the ingame map, you go to the github and download the project.
Then do this:

1. Upload oulsen_satmap folder to your resources folder on your server
  2. Add oulsen_satmap to the server.cfg file (start or ensure).
  3. Optional, change the map to the nogrid version. Just copy the files in the NoGrid folder and paste/overwrite these files in the stream folder of the resource.
  4. Start the resource or reboot your server

If you want to use the nearest postal script, which is a separate resource and not needed to get the ingame map to work, you will need to download that from https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-nearest-postal-script/ and set it up with the oulsen_satmap_postals.json from the github download.

2 Likes

I see, thank you

1 Like

Is your resolution the same as DLK (DieLikeKane) maps?

I think so.
The full map is 8192 * 12288 pixels, cut into 6 pieces of 4096 * 4096 pixels

Thanks for the reply. I am a photoshopper myself (10+ years experience). You must have spend hours in PS to add in all the names, postal codes etc. Now you got me thinking, should I go make a Atlas map with this. But currently I am more into mapping (Codewalker). I currently using DLK map+minimap (Atlas), but the Atlas map is 6x 3072x3072. Why aren’t you using the Zoom level 5 (6x 8192x8192). Is that too much data for GTA5?

Thanks for the reply, yes the map took ages to complete in Photoshop and checking if everything is correct in game aswell.

Regarding the zoomlevel, i think the 4096x4096 size is more than enough in game. This resource already takes some time to download on first load into a server having it. Going to 8192x8192 will just be too much for just that little extra of detail in my opinion

1 Like

Where can i get the nearest postal script?

Not a fan of the EMS/Police/Fire names on it, but otherwise all good.

Thanks for sharing it to the whole comunity. Wonderful work!! :+1: :+1:

Do you have this same map with out the postals?

No, but you can get the original map images from HERE and create your own

how can i use this for a liberty city map ?

You can’t

Is it possible to make the same postal codes as this

I know some people are used to these postal codes from other servers and itll be hard to get used too

Other than that phenomenal work

1 Like

Sorry no, the map is as it is with the current postals. Its a simple system and the postals make sense, so people can learn it real quick