[Release] Fire Alarm + Fire Panel Resource

I’m afraid it is only as acurate as what the native returns.

https://github.com/inferno-collection/Fire-Alarm/blob/0ce71b8b5fb840a4d7df5cf142445d6b5fbceb65/[inferno-collection]/inferno-fire-alarm/client.lua#L756-L769

Ahhh okay! That’s fine bro! So I read above about adding the Panel ID to go over the pager but after adding the code and replacing the original section, it seem to have broke the script preventing it from working. Also, are you able to go into a bit of detail about the “Channel” like should all of them be on Channel 1 or does it matter to do like Channel 2,3, etc for each different panel. Thanks.

In real life (from my understanding), each building and/or floor would be on their own Channel, so that if you have an alarm going off in a massive building, it’s not just spitting out info like “Smoke Alarm 7516184 has been activated!” it would be something more like “Smoke Alarm 48 on Channel 7 has been activated!” then Channel 7 might mean floor 7, or building 7, etc.

In the resource it does not really serve a purpose, but I thought it would be cool to include anyway.

Ok, Posting this here to help someone. I changed the folder names to firealarm fireob and pager. This broke the fire panel. I could not close it out. You need to leave the folders names as such.

inferno-objects
inferno-fire-alarm
inferno-fire-ems-pager

Hope this saves a hour of your time LOL!

1 Like

Yeah don’t rename them, you’ll break the NUI lol.

Ahh that makes a lot of sense. That’s actually really cool! So regarding changing the pager to show the street address to the box number, what lines do I need to replace? I attempted to replace the lines with what you mentioned above, but I do believe I broke it haha.

When you say box are you referring to postal codes? Also that code above is what is already in the resource, so no point putting that in lol. If you want a postal code returned, you’ll need a custom resource for that.

so i changed the alarm and panel sounds and changed the time of the loops, but now it doesn’t turn of the sounds when i reset the alarm in the panel. It just finishes the loop first. Is that a bug or does it always need to finish the loop first before it turns of the sound?

This is intended function.

Is it supposed to be very very loud when no volume things are changed?

My sound of the fire alarm is just so loud you can get deaf but not sure how to or where to change the volume.

The volume is dynamically changed based on how far you are from the source, so if you’re right next to it, yes, it will be very loud lol.

If you want to turn it down, I suggest editing the volume of the sound files themselves.

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestion it worked out great turning the sounds files down themselves.

1 Like

i put this into my server where is it ? in game ?

Depends on what locations you added, if any. Mission Row PD had been set-up as an example.

i couldnt get it to work even when i was there

how do i spawn this in game ? e button ?

i didnt add any locations the only one in shouldve been mission row and i cant get the panel to open

I have an issue, when i reset the alarm and i press E on a fire button, the alarm don’t work. Help please.

im going to use this for everything… oh my god, this is the best script yet. Im going to add a fire script with this because this doesnt come with a fire script…

Anyone think they could help me? I’m trying to make it so when you hit ur distress signal it will sound the fire alarm at Station 7 (East Los Santos). I’m using esx_ambulancejob at the moment and plan on keeping it for a while. I feel like this would be a cool addon and cant figure it out my self so if anyone could help me that would be amazing!